derpibooru's badges

kst3xh
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Lurking Artist
my goodness this is a lot of posts…anyways, I was wondering how exactly does one hide badges? While I am not against them or anything, I would like to say that it can get pretty depressing sometimes to see such things for some. I know I sound like a whiny user, but I figured I just wanted to say that and get it off my chest. I got nothing to lose and screw it! I’m going to be that guy who says what’s on his mind and probably gets shot or fired by the boss, but you know what? TOTALLY FRIKKIN WORTH IT!!!!!! I mean…. Discord lets you hide what I prefer to call achievement ranks verses what is known as authority ranks…so why not do the same with badges?
I suck at explaining things and I usually need a wall of text to explain my points and they get ignored or misunderstood a lot so let me clarify…Ranks vs Achievements. Ranks MUST be seen and known, but achievements don’t need to be…why not let them be optional to show what you wish to be shown? Of course, some need to be shown like the FORSHAME badge (quack quack). Think of it like a branding on a horse, it is there for a reason.
Do you get me? That is all I have to say for now…I’ll be watching you from the shadows of which I lurk, because I lurk here (pardon my fave bombs but it’s just soooo much good art X_X)
[going to go look for the suggestions board. I hope there is one to be found]
Posted Report
runner2
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Libertatem Noctibus
So…. you are upset people have done things to earn badges that are displayed and you don’t want their badges displayed for you because you haven’t really done anything to earn a badge? Pretty sure I got that right? Several of those badges aren’t even for art related reasons and are more community events and such that can easily be earned on holidays and such without much effort.
Umm… pretty sure they aren’t gonna change the display coding just for you here. Displaying them doesn’t affect you or anyone else at all. If you are letting it affect you then that is on you personally and you should try changing your attitude about it as opposed to trying to get others to change themselves to conform to you.
Posted Report
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@kst3xh
We do have a Feature Suggestions thread, but in any case you can try having a browser extension block the <div class="badges _ydb_b_checked">[—]</div> element.
Posted Report
kst3xh

Lurking Artist
BEFORE YOU READ, please know the following. I am shocked to have responses, I will admit, my original intention was to come back here and delete that post, but I’ve changed my mind now and it is too late to now anyway. With that being said:
Thank you all kindly for your time and feedback to my post as extreme as it may have come off and I thank you even more for the recommendations as well. They appear to be quite helpful. Pardon my lack of knowledge on some things as well for I still have much to learn and, in some cases, lack the ability to but I am trying my best to
Furthermore, I’m going to have to go full press mode here with you Runner and say to answer your comment, Yes and No. I did not once deny my opinion to what you have read and I must say, that is one pretty straightforward way to put it. Although, I prefer to try and put things as neutral as I can. Not my first rodeo y’know? I’m still learning and adapting, otherwise, I would have my mediator write this for me but I’m trying to do things myself here.
(I am also trying my best to clear up and prevent any misunderstandings or miscommunications here for it happens with me quite often. I once again apologize if that appeared as attempting to speak for everyone. I intended that for myself with regard to anyone who may possibly have thought the same as me but be too afraid to speak up and have it cleared up to them as it has been for me. Socializing is not my strongest ability for reasons I shall I share [here] )
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Question:
How long should someone wait for a badge like the “Magical Inkwell“ to appear? I asked for one a while ago with proof (that no one responded at) I’m curious if my post was missed but I want to wait before asking again
Posted Report
runner2
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Libertatem Noctibus
Anyone that has been around when I rarely comment tends to know I can be a little blunt and to the point with things.
Your problem isn’t so much having trouble typing out something as it is just rambling and typing way too much to arrive at a simple conclusion. Try to be simple and to the point with what you want to say so it don’t get lost or misunderstood along the way.
Like your comment here can basically be summed up as saying: “To answer you(me), yes and no. I don’t disagree with you but you did put it bluntly.”
All of the rest of your comment is just ramblings that don’t pertain to this mini-discussion here. You also just said that I basically nailed why you requested that but didn’t give a counterpoint to the “no” part of your answer. Which realistically there isn’t a no part to this from you.
Also, sorry to everyone else here as I know this isn’t the place to discuss stuff like this. This is my last comment on the matter.
…..although if there’s a badge for discussing and questioning too much I’m all for it. I even managed to lead to someone getting banned from here once for it in the past. XD
Posted Report
runner2
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Libertatem Noctibus
I think there was a way to use an alias on here as well. As in use a main name but have the second one be tied to the first so they will show up your art regardless of which tag you search with. I might be wrong about that but I think you or a mod can do that for ya.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide