MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Since last year, I’ve openly proclaimed it to be Twilight “stealing the magic from the ponies of Equestria”. I feel this bunk criticism in particular has gotten worse with age though. From my Top 10 Bunk Criticisms list…
“Sparky is just Flurry Heart but with no destiny.”
I know that many still hate Sparky, but come on. He’s shown himself to be less like Flurry than ever lately.
Briarlight
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Aka: Data Poni
Yea I saw that one comment on eqg Discord about misty that was so gross and such an insane take. Victim blaming the abuse victim is crazyyy
river mines

I strongly disagree with the tenth point but that would generate a very long discussion, so I wanted to comment on another point that I disagree with in relation to TYT.
What you said defending TYT is part of my problem with the show, you shouldn’t have to watch TYT to know things like there is an ancient prophecy and especially a lot of good moments from Tyt like the message from Sunny’s father or Misty’s arc with necklace, or sunny learning how to use alicorn magic should be things in MYM because MYM is the main show.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
I don’t see what’s so disagreeable about the tenth point, what I said in the tenth point is not untrue. MLP’s lore has always had contradictions and it’s not lore-heavy to begin with. It’s always been a show meant to entertain little kids who don’t care about lore, lol. And the whole point I was trying to make with TYT is that it wasn’t shallow. Those moments are great, however, it’s all meant to be side material. It’s not cut content or anything, just bonus material that makes G5’s world more interesting. It’s just giving us what a good side show should give us.
river mines

Sorry, I confused the tenth with the first point. and since this is the problem, the content that TYT has should not be a complement, it should be the main one, prophecy involving the mane five is not secondary material or should not be.
in fact you’re right I don’t even blame TYT exactly so if the show decided to be more that’s something commendable, that’s a MYM’s problem who didn’t want to explore important moments
river mines

@CloudMistDragon
I don’t think she stole the magic, at first I liked the idea because I thought the creation of the crystals would have a cool story behind it.
But no Twilight create the crystals because supposedly Opaline is the great ultimate threat of Equestria when in the show she is a very stupid villain with zero sense of threat.
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
my theory is that princess twilight (and maybe with some help from she trusts the most) made the crystals to keep the ponies in line, if they misused the magic for causing unnecessary chaos, then they don’t need it to begin with.
evocov
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I wouldn’t be surprised if the writers have completely forgotten about the entire “twilight made the crystals thing”, especially since even the comics forgot about it as much as the lightshow in the brighthouse or the shooting star thing that’s never been explained or expanded upon since.
Background Pony #C946
@evocov
they are already being forgotten, originally opaline was supposed to want to get the crystals, then it was changed to her wanting sparky’s dragon fire, since then I think they were only mentioned in chapter four with apaline saying she wouldn’t go after them.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Not that Sprout was bad but now that that person recently purged their wholesome Sprout gallery, he will now truly be forgotten now since G5 is getting taken over by TYT which he’s barred from appearing.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
however, it’s all meant to be side material. It’s not cut content or anything, just bonus material that makes G5’s world more interesting. It’s just giving us what a good side show should give us.
Not anymore!
@CloudMistDragon
And hence my realisation. You know, I don’t take Twilight to be the one to have contigency plans though I believe she put too much faith in other races to also not fight or become evil since those crystals are apparently meant to only work on Ponies’ active magic while every other race’s and environmental/innate/passive magic are untouched. I’ll tell you right now, the Breezies could invade and take over Equestria and it would be essentially her fault. Why not have contigency plans for the other guys?
@river mines
Character shilling. I’ve been asking this myself. Also because TvTropes brought it up which by the way, for most articles having the Author’s saving throw as a listed trope? All those are removed, due to lacking the author’s confirmation that it was intended. I’m sad because those are good and positive if not valid points but yeah. I suppose it just so happened to rub us the right way, a coincidental improvement so to speak. If there’s a more valid trope to reinstate those points, let me know. It’s not valid but they’re positive points nonetheless.
@Shimmering Spectacle
See above, because wouldn’t any opportunistic foreigners exploit it? They still have magic, at that point the ‘world with no magic’ is greatly exaggerated.
@evocov
Classic g4/IDW
@Background Pony #C946
Maybe she needs Dragonfire to restore her powers to then get the crystals? Protection seems to be tight enough around them. Or I’m putting too much faith in our clearly amateur writers.
@Briarlight
Regarding Black, White and Blue. It would be interesting to know about this mysterious flute and talking orb that appeared but nope. Nothing more came out of it.
Grapefruit Face
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Me & My Delusions
@TheQuietMan
Good riddance. He worked as an antagonist in the movie but I can’t stand him, plus his rabid fans aren’t helping his case
either.
If he does appear again (I do have a feeling that he will appear in Tell Your Tale again) I hope that the Mane 5 continue to mock and bully him like they did in the Chapter 4 episode “Top Remodel”.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@evocov
He’s became an elder watcher, watch but do not interfere. And he’s not alone on that occupation.
@evocov
They left on their own accord and purged their own gallery. The artist don’t want to be known but I’ve already provided the hint. I’m gonna miss and eventually forget about Sprout.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide