MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@CloudMistDragon
Also, the ending where she’s surprised that all are still alive, which implies that there were others before them who took on the same quest and didn’t make it out alive
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mr.Myoozik
Surprisingly dark implication for this lighthearted pony show, but you can mitigate the dark aspect of it by imagining that it’s like dying in an RPG video game. “Death should not have taken thee” is a Dragon Quest reference for those who don’t know.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@DerpyFast
Ya know? G5 could do episodes like Daring Doubt and The Cutie Re-Mark down to the premise, climax and resolution and you’ll still praise it for being better simply because “it’s G5 doing it, so it has to be better” is how I’m seeing it.
@DerpyFast
And you just proved my point yourself.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Where else could I watch it besides the official sources? Surprisingly, that site thinks TYT is so bad in their eyes, none of them were apparently even worth archiving. Even the comics starting from Kenbucky Roller Derby onwards weren’t stored there.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
I’ll be honest, I don’t actually hate the show. But when it became the replacement main show, that’s when it started. And I’m refusing to watch it until G5 ends, there’s an actual new main show or if I can watch it somewhere else than Netflix and YouTube. I’ll watch MYM 10 more times if I have to.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheQuietMan
In Power Ponies, we’re never given a reason for them to fix up the royal sisters’ old castle. The premise of them fixing it up is abandoned, and it never comes up again. It only happens to fill four and a half minutes, and so that Spike can feel unappreciated, and then an isekai story comes out of nowhere for no other reason than to give Spike a chance to be useful. More than five minutes of the episode’s runtime is dedicated to dumping exposition for characters that will never come up again. You could explain what these characters can do in thirty seconds, and most of the powers are just things the characters could already do. Then the magic comics thing never comes up again. You could cut it down to five minutes and not lose a thing. You’re right. I do just arbitrarily think G5 does things better.

No issues with pacing or a lack of substance here. It’s just a massive coincidence that the most replayed part is two minutes from the end, and that the rest of the episode is a dead zone.
And you just proved my point yourself.
Not sure how, given that Suited for Success and Simple Ways are both G4 episodes.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
So you’re actively not watching it while actively criticizing it and now, you’re criticizing other people for praising it. You know that this is the kind of thing a troll does, right? If this is about not giving the show attention in an attempt to boycott it, why aren’t you also ignoring discussion of it? We’re going to like the show, no one’s forcing you to like the show, so just don’t engage with discussion of the show. Even if you strongly disagree with someone, you can at least respect how they’re voicing their opinions in a constructive manner and not say something if you don’t have anything nice to say.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Agreed, I really like Sean James Boyer’s and Benjamin Pinkerton’s score (moreso than I did William Anderson’s for FiM). Now I wonder if they’re going to release Heitor Pereira’s score for ANG
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #13BA
20. To Grandmare’s House We Go
19. I Just Can’t Wait for Wishentine’s Day
18. Pony Love
17. A Special Tune
16. Make Your Mark Theme Song
15. Everything is Gonna Be Okay
14. With Each Other
13. Where’d It Go?
12. Show Me Your Pony Moves
11. Portrait Day
10. It All Takes Time
9. All You Need is Your Beat
8. Joyous Wishentine
7. Iconic
6. Mane Family
5. Starshine Time
4. Villain
3. Hooves Together
2. Magic in Us
  1. With a Little Creativity
What makes dead last is easy, since Winter Wishday’s Joyous Wishentine is the only really remarkable song from said special. After that, rankings start getting tough until we get to my all-time favorite songs. Magic in Us, I believe needs no explanation, and With a Little Creativity is something I’ve listened to so many times because it is joy incarnate, the perfect Izzy song. I also double-checked, these are all twenty of the songs that were on the list I read with remixes not counted.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
:c
Having given most of them a second listen, I do like them more than my first time, though I still think there’s a bit of sameness in some of them (Pipp featuring in so many songs is understandable but unexciting, and her voice kind of takes over any song she sings in duet).
I more-or-less agree with this list but I’d drop “With a Little Creativity” (a little) and “Villain” (a lot) and raise “Pony Love”.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
Every song from MYM is good. The reason why I feel Pony Love deserves the low rank is because you need to hear the extended version for it to feel like an actual song and the whole purpose of the song’s existence is just to give Haven slightly more backstory. MYM’s Villain is an essential counterpart to TYT’s Opaline. Opaline needed to be given a “theme song” showing how she was completely narcissistic and embracing of evil and the theme song she was given was insanely catchy.
“But it has no subtlety!”
Give FiM’s A Better Way to Be Bad a re-listen some time.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
You want constructive? Well, here are my current thoughts on G5. I feel that G5 may slowly be ending. Given that they’ve already finished the episodes but chose to delay it for what reason? To prolong the series’ lifespan? It feels quite artificial if they’re doing it like that. And to be honest I don’t think I ever saw any g5 advertisement even on my local tv channels, you would think there’ll be many since it’s G5’s time, but they’re little to rare to none that I saw. Heck, there’s ironically more fanart of Opaline than Allura and Sprout than Comet? Why? Because I think those artists never watched TYT so they don’t really have a grasp for how an art piece for Allura and Comet should be as their personalities only get shown and build up on that series. Even then, A) There’s still little we know about these two and B) Most artists, even if they enjoy g5 like me, still treats TYT as a side show even if it’s rather clear that it’s replacing as the main show, so technically that’s “not their canon” personalities. And if anything, they probably rejected it too, or even left after SOS ended. Regarding fanfics, there is a tag on Allura but 0 and I mean absolutely zero stories are about her. I’ll probably be the first since my intent would be to make my own MYM but I won’t watch TYT and give any official sources the credit or satisfaction of a view. And speaking of rejection, one can argue it’s now imminent demise started about as early as the post-movie shows’ premiere. In other words, the people who prolly didn’t like G5 to begin with, some didn’t like the main 3d show if for the mere reason for it being CGI but if they do like TYT because it “reminded them of g4” then they’re stuck in the past and never truly got over it. Maybe they should consult Bennett Foddy. And need I add, they may or may not be the same people who didn’t like Pony Life but somehow loved this. And I did mention MYM was intended to be the main show? Because for those people that review g5, well, no surprise they never liked it to begin with. And for that, I kinda blame them for being another reason that MYM got canned. Somehow despite that however, TYT did work as some sort of double-edged sword. These reviewers only focused on MYM as it’s the main show, so they ignore everything about TYT. As a result, since they are still ignoring it as it’s still not the main show for them, they can’t hate on it so apparently because of that, it’s considered “successful” in Hasbro’s eyes, which if you ask me, feels very artificial to say if that was the reason they decided not to renew their former main show. And well, look what we got. According to Hasbro, they did say it will continue until 2025, and with how little they’ve done, and how many artists continue to ignore TYT in favour of keeping Sprout’s spirit alive as he’s practically banned from the show, it’s only a matter of time before g5 ends. And to conclude, I still love g5, but not for what it is but for what it was, so much potential, all squandered away in favour of the easy and safest way out. They tried something different and yet fans don’t appreciate it. Well, I hope they’re happy they got what they wanted. For “fans”, they sure like ruining the very thing they’re supposed to love.
But going to the current topic I like both Where’d it Go? And the Haven song. Reminds me of Hey Now
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
Okay. If they’re ending it, they’re ending it. Fan boycotts are not going to change anything, especially when we’re not even the majority of MLP’s audience. If you only like “what G5 was” and not “what it is”, simply ignore discussion of the latter. My point still stands.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s kinda hard to get excited for G5 when the releases are so sporadic.
Wasn’t releasing on YouTube supposed to fix that?
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dustcan
I’ve always agreed that the sporadic releases are annoying, even I feel kind of cheated by the baffling way TYT has been released. Getting everyone hyped for weekly releases before slapping them with unexplained hiatus after unexplained hiatus is just…stupid. We can’t even assume that they’ve abruptly switched back to bi-weekly releases since out of nowhere, we could have another delay.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide