Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic Starlight Glimmer- What is the opinion of her still?

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

"[@Hakirayleigh":](/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=5097060#post_5097060
)  
I'm not necessarily saying that the mane 6 are perfect (some of my least favourite episodes are about Pinkie Pie being annoying, and Rainbow Dash was one of the main reasons why I don't think Rainbow Rocks is a good film), but it's worth mentioning the low points of Starlight because she was a villain. She's supposed to learn from her mistakes. The mane 6 weren't villains, the mane 6 didn't become villains because a friend moved away (which is a very simplistic backstory for an irrational decision, by the way), so it's fair to criticize her when she screw things up.

At the end of the day, I have a hard time believing that the Starlight we saw in All bottled up, Rock solid friendship, Uncommon bond and Road to friendship is the same unicorn that wanted to reddem herself at the end of Cutie re-mark. After finishing The last problem, I didn't find her redemption arc pretty engaging, rewarding or even satisfying. I don't think she ever learned her lesson. She needed more believable conflicts and motivations to make her much more relatable. The writers needed her to visually express her desire to be better and eventually redeemed, not doing baffling things with magic so haphazardly.

To be honest, it's not that big of a deal right now because MLP:FiM has a lot of jank. If I wanted a story about characters that redeem themselves, I have the MLP film, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Luna Eclipsed and the fourth EG film. And if we have to count the non-MLP content, I have Iron Man and Prince of Egypt. So that's cool to me.
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team