Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic What were the controversial moments in MLP: FIM over the show's nine year run?

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, I'm not as aware of the controversies as many other fans in those 9 years of the show. The only real one I knew was Derpy Hooves, but at least I still have the original episode with the original voice actress.

I could mention Starlight because she's the most divisive character I've seen in the show, but by the time I watched seasons 5, the season 6 and stopped watching the show for some years, I wasn't as active as I wanted.

However, I will say this: **I'm very glad I'm not the only one who sees problems in Starlight's character arc.*

![full](https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/12/6/1037943/large.jpg!

)

I think Starlight is a prime example of what happens when a group of writers from an animation studio embraces the idea of a character with some redeeming value and decides to make an arbitrary unrepentant negligent character who doesn't want to change or redeem herself, a negation that practically invalidates Cutie re-mark and Starlight's intentions to be better. She's an evil git with no redeeming qualities. Nothing has been learned, nothing changes.

What's sad about this is that **there's no excuse for it.**
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team