Viewing last 25 versions of post by Maonyman in topic Can we please do something about "solo" pics with multiple characters?

Maonyman
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I wanna go to Equestria
[@Background Pony \#32C7](/forums/tagging/topics/can-we-please-do-something-about-solo-pics-with-multiple-characters?post_id=5541079#post_5541079)

> Unfortunately, this would fail (without further work to create an exception list) because some characters get multiple character-categorized tags applied in tandem: for example, golden harvest/carrot top, or sci-twi/twilight sparkle

There's few enough of those that they can be easily added as exceptions to the check

> It also fails in the case when other characters are depicted but not present - for example, a picture of Twilight Sparkle with a photo of the mane six displayed on the wall could get all of the character tags, but be a “solo” picture because only Twi is actually there.

This is exactly the kind of scenario I *want* it to apply to. If I search for "pinkie pie, solo" I do NOT want to get a picture that is clearly of Twilight and only Twilight but which happens to have a tiny picture of Pinkie in the corner of the image.

[@LightningBolt](/forums/tagging/topics/can-we-please-do-something-about-solo-pics-with-multiple-characters?post_id=5541091#post_5541091)

> Plus OC tags or nameless characters or random depictions of animals that are not named.

Why would this change anything? OCs should be subject to the same rule (if I don't want a picture of Twilight with a tiny picture of Pinkie in the corner, I *definitely* do not want some random-ass OC with a tiny picture of Pinkie in the corner), and random depictions of unnamed animals aren't character tags so wouldn't trigger the check anyway.
No reason given
Edited by Maonyman