Viewing last 25 versions of post by UnderwoodART in topic General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, ~~[dallas] shares its tag with the location~~ *(see update)*, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, ~~and I added one [bulldozer] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there)~~ *(actually there was already `bulldozer (payday)`, exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes)*.

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas *(eg.)* images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the `(payday 2)` suffix? *(I think the series is enough)*

Update: After changing like 7 "dallas" tags to "(payday)", I realised there were less of the location than I thought, and the tag is too small after splitting them, so I reverted my changes to that tag. I did start retagging `chains (payday)` and `wolf (payday)` though, due to the sizes of the shared tags.

Update 2: I'm starting to realise that things can be searched for with multiple terms (dallas + payday), so what is the purpose of any quantifier? I suppose they exist to keep non-quantifiable tags clean (like the object 'chains')... I need more clarification, though.
Reason: sydney & pd2 question + dozer correction + dallas update + update 2
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, ~~[dallas] shares its tag with the location~~ *(see update)*, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, ~~and I added one [bulldozer] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there)~~ *(actually there was already `bulldozer (payday)`, exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes)*.

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas *(eg.)* images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the `(payday 2)` suffix? *(I think the series is enough)*

Update: After changing like 7 "dallas" tags to "(payday)", I realised there were less of the location than I thought, and the tag is too small after splitting them, so I reverted my changes to that tag. I did start retagging `chains (payday)` and `wolf (payday)` though, due to the sizes of the shared tags.
Reason: added sydney and pd2 question + dozer correction + dallas update
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, ~~`[dallas`] shares its tag with the location~~ *(see update)*, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, ~~and I added one [bulldozer] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there)~~ *(actually there was already `bulldozer (payday)`, exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes)*.

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the `(payday 2)` suffix? *(I think the series is enough)*

Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, ~~`dallas` shares its tag with the location~~ *(see update)*, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, ~~and I added one [bulldozer] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there)~~ *(actually there was already `bulldozer (payday)`, exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes)*.

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the `(payday 2)` suffix? *(I think the series is enough)*

Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, `dallas` shares its tag with the location, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, ~~and I added one `[bulldozer`] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there)~~ *(actually there was already `bulldozer (payday)`, exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes)*.

Reason: added sydney and pd2 question + dozer correction
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, `dallas` shares its tag with the location, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, and I added one `bulldozer` to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there).

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the `(payday 2)` tagsuffix? *(I think the series is enough)*
Reason: added sydney and pd2 question
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, `dallas` shares its tag with the location, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, there's a `sydney (payday 2)` tag, and I added one `bulldozer` to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there).

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about Pthe `(payday 2)` characters, should they get their own tag? *(I saythink the series is enough)*
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about Payday 2 characters, should they get their own tag? *(I say the series is enough)*
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
I'm looking at 'Payday 2' tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren't tagged at all, `dallas` shares its tag with the location, `wolf (payday)` existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the `wolf` tag, `sangres` is a 1 image tag, and I added one `bulldozer` to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there).

Aside from all the ignored suggestions I've made about search terms and tag prefixes (`character:`), I'd like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named "wolf" from the species, but do you separate all the characters into `wolf (character)` or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to `dallas (character)` or `dallas (payday)`, and should `sangres` be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity?
No reason given
Edited by UnderwoodART