Viewing last 25 versions of post by rannius in topic Tumblr NSFW Upload thread

rannius
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

cya on a better booru
Posting here since it seems appropriate.

As "[@Barhandar":](/uppers/tumblr-nsfw-upload-thread/post/4117909#post_4117909) mentioned many months ago there's a new way to get raw files from tumblr since the old way was blocked.

It's simple, you reblog the file(s) you want, then use the export tool to get a full copy of your account and inside is the full res file, not the downsized 1280p version. This also works with restricted blogs which you can only see in your dashboard. The difference now is that the tumblr servers aren't under enormous stress anymore and the backup is ready very fast.

As an example, let's take >>1809161 (NSFW and foalcon, sorry but it was the first one I found).

It's currently a 1280x943 PNG with 565 kB.

Now clicking on the source link brings up the "flagged" message since it's NSFW but we can still view it by clicking the dashboard link and then scrolling down until we find it. Note that these steps are not necessary if the image was not flagged.

Once we've found the post we can reblog it, then go into the account settings and export the whole account.

In the resulting zip file is the original PNG with a resolution of 4005x2950 and a size of 3.71 MB.

Searching through Derpi with "width:1280, source_url:**tumblr.com**, -dead source" currently brings up 73548 results. Many of them have untagged dead links, especially since a lot of artists deleted their accounts after the recent events. Then there are files that simply are 1280p wide originally and artists with DNPs forbidding higher res versions. However that still leaves a lot of potential images that can be replaced with better versions.

The question is, how long?

So if anyone here has the time, this is a great way to preserve high quality fanart in the face of G4's death.

I for one have tested this with Sidekick's art and it worked great, even more so since a lot of his NSFW art wasn't found by the Tumblr bot yet.
No reason given
Edited by rannius
rannius
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

cya on a better booru

As "@Barhandar":/uppers/tumblr-nsfw-upload-thread/post/4117909#post_4117909 mentioned many months ago there's a new way to get raw files from tumblr since the old way was blocked.
It's simple, you reblog the file(s) you want, then use the export tool to get a full copy of your account and inside is the full res file, not the downsized 1280p version. This also works with restricted blogs which you can only see in your dashboard. The differnce now is that the tumblr servers aren't under enormous stress anymore and the backup is ready very fast.

As an example, let's take >>1809161 (NSFW and foalcon, sorry but it was the first one I found).
Now clicking on the source link brings up the "flagged" message since it's NSFW but we can still view it by clicking the dashboard link and then scrolling down until we find it. Note that these steps are not necessary if the image was not flagged.
Once we've found the post we can reblog it, then go into the account settings and export the whole account.
In the resulting zip file is the original PNG with a resolution of 4005x2950 and a size of 53.2571 MB (before Derpi compression).

Searching through Derpi with "width:1280, source_url:*tumblr.com*, -dead source" currently brings up 73548 results. Many of them have untagged dead links, especially since a lot of artists deleted their accounts after the recent events. Then there are files that simply are 1280p wide originally and artists with DNPs forbidding higher res versions. However that still leaves a lot of potential images that can be replaced with better versions.

So if anyone here has the time, this is a great way to preserve high quality fanart in the face of G4's death.
I for one have tested this with Sidekick's art and it worked great, even more so since a lot of his NSFW art wasn't found by the Tumblr bot yet.
No reason given
Edited by rannius
rannius

cya on a better booru

As "@Barhandar":/uppers/tumblr-nsfw-upload-thread/post/4117909#post_4117909 mentioned many months ago there's a new way to get raw files from tumblr since the old way was blocked.
It's simple, you reblog the file(s) you want, then use the export tool to get a full copy of your account and inside is the full res file, not the downsized 1280p version. This also works with restricted blogs which you can only see in your dashboard. The differnce now is that the tumblr servers aren't under enormous stress anymore and the backup is ready very fast.

In the resulting zip file is the original PNG with a resolution of 4005x2950 and a size of 5.25 MB (before Derpi compression).

Searching through Derpi with "width:1280, source_url:*tumblr.com*, -dead source" currently brings up 73548 results. Many of them have untagged dead links, especially since a lot of artists deleted their accounts after the recent events. Then there are files that simply are 1280p wide originally and artists with DNPs forbidding higher res versions. However that still leaves a lot of potential images that can be replaced with better versions.

No reason given
Edited by rannius