Viewing last 25 versions of post by CountDerpy in topic Chronicles of The Event Project (Working Title): Diaries of Countess Sweet Bun, NLR.

CountDerpy
Countess Sweet Bun - For supporting the site
Countess Sweet Bun - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

NLR's Mom
Entry 11 (174)

Brief Mentions to WatermelonRat, Dark and Flux this time around. Bit vague on some of the characterizations but not going to make generalizations on what I don't know, that's just rude. If anyone mentioned wants anything changed, edited of clarified let me know whenever. Enjoy!

> I sometimes wish I had been born a unicorn, or at least added runic magic to my education at some point. Wouldn’t mind writing my thoughts down in the moment rather than waiting and trying to describe every thought in my mind that became replaced by another just as quickly, but it’s rather clunky to write by hoof while you’re trying to walk.
>
> The interior of the Bastion is surprisingly large for the ruins it was built on. I still cannot fathom how much work they’ve done on the place in such a short time. Iron covers most of the walls, held in place by bolts half the size of any regular pony and weighing thrice as much. Enchantments flow over most of them in wisps of pale teal aether, serving to fill the hall with the same light as much as they do to add magical protection to the structure. The ceilings stood around 30 feet above me, I could vaguely see movement and the faint glow of eyes in the darkness, thousands of thestrals using the crossing support beams as resting places.
>
> Much like in Canterlot, the main hall was flurry of activity. Soldiers carried crates of bullets, cannonballs, spell canister grenades, and other terrifying munitions. Some of which I swore were illegal, or at the very least unethical by most standards. Others were practicing with close-quarters weapons, slashing through training dummies with electrified claws and swords I could never dream of wielding without being crushed by their weight. All the hallmarks of a nation ready for whatever Celestia could throw at them. There were some things that disturbed me on a level I have never felt.
>
> Creatures of all shapes and sizes walked the halls in floor length robes, flipping through spellbooks and mixing various ingredients at potion stations. Stuff one might assume was fairly normal, but even I could feel the energy coming from the spells they were practicing. It came off them in waves, making me break out in a cold sweat as we passed by them. My eyes locked with one of the mages and it felt like my very soul had turned to ice. Their robes were colored in a way similar to the ancient flag of the NLR, dark blues and blacks in swirling mists adorned with bright stars. Cultists, no doubt, bringing their forbidden magicks to aid the being they paid tribute too. The very one that had been destroyed by six friends long ago. Why Luna would ever allow these psychopaths into her midst baffled my mind. The Cursed I understand, they couldn’t help what they are and many do not deserve to be destroyed by those seeing them as nothing but abominations. Cultists, especially ones trying to bring about the return of everlasting night, are never anything but trouble waiting to happen.
>
> Away from them I encountered a couple of members of the so-called Night Terrors, though I didn’t get the chance to speak with any of them. They seemed like they could be a friendly bunch outside of war, most of them anyways. I got a quick glance from their leader, a thestral who went by Dark as I later learned, and I felt the urge to flee. They didn’t seem like they were a bad creature, far from it, but there was something off about them. Ancient, primal, predatory. I felt like a gazelle staring down a hungry manticore at dinner time. Once the glance was gone, so was the feeling, though part of me still glances down the hall where they are addressing their troops as if I almost expect them to appear in front of my face in the blink of an eye.
>
> I heard from the Lieutenant guiding me through the halls that there had been a number of defectors running from the Empire in the last few hours, and much to his dislike a many number of the Night Guard had chosen to flee or stay behind in Canterlot. Rat was a name that came up among the ones choosing to side with Celestia. I vaguely remember them, another creature as unusually skilled and driven much like the Red General, one I never got the honor of meeting in person but heard of their accomplishments. With Flux and Rat by Celestia’s side, even aby themselonves, maybe this war will end without too much bloodshed on sheer will alone.
>
> Whatever the reason for this rebellion, it leaves the Night Guard with an uphill battle the way the chips are stacked.
>
> My meeting with Luna is to start soon, the Lieutenant mentioning that she demanded my presence as soon as my name was brought up to her. I wonder if that is a good or bad thing? She cared enough about our friendship and my service to her to warn me about the initial attack on the Castle, so maybe it will be a good talk. Maybe I can finally make sense of the reasoning behind all of this, though I imagine I may be a bit miffed if it’s over something extremely petty.
>
> Getting mad with one princess and betraying another in the span of a day? That’s got to be some kind of record.
>
> -Diary of Countess Sweet Bun, Entry 174. Hour 32 of the War.
>
No reason given
Edited by CountDerpy