Viewing last 25 versions of post by BigBuggyBastage in topic The Continuing Adventures of Medi-Bat

BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
"[@Joseph Raszagal":](/forums/writing/topics/the-continuing-adventures-of-medi-bat?post_id=4773223#post_4773223
)  
Yeah, I think we can all agree on the pod-racing concept being great but poorly executed in the film. It'd take some deep meditation to be sure, but I think I might have a _*shard_* of a memory of _*seeing_* that arcade game, about 20 years ago -- thanks for making me feel old again! ;) I've looked at pictures of it online, and although it's still not triggering a flashback or anything deep-seated in my mind, I'll take your word for it that it was pretty heckin' great.

"

[
@Communist Starlight":](/forums/writing/topics/the-continuing-adventures-of-medi-bat?post_id=4773264#post_4773264
)  
Maybe somewhere between _*Battletoads_* and _*Rock 'N Roll Racing_*, but with a LoTR-ish twist?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to Refresh the thread before replying. Derp!

The cinematography of all three prequels was pretty good. *THAT*, directing, and producing are the jobs Lucas should've stuck to, and we'd all have been the merrier for it. Though, perhaps ironically, David Tattersall was the cinematographer for all three films, not Lucas. XD

I'll agree that the score is great, too. It's by John Williams, and I vividly remember playing scores by him back in high school band; some of them were the best musical experiences I've ever had, tbh, even though some of them were also a PITA to play on clarinet.

The (non-CGI) set and costume designs were pretty rad, too. To a certain extent, I kinda felt bad for the traditional effects & props people, because the computer graphics would inevitably swoop in and try to steal the show. Somehow, the physics were never quite right, and the transitions always obvious. But for the time they were on-screen, it's very plain that a ton of effort was put into making everything look like it belonged there (Princess Ama-lama-ding-dong's headgear aside).
No reason given
Edited by BigBuggyBastage