2021 Derpibooru Community Collab

Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@ASP  
So you just want to characters to be right next to each other in the collab? That’s completely doable, just give me a link to both images and I’ll make sure they’re together.
Hollyn
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Oh sorry, there’s no need for that. I just wanted to say that on the picture that I’m submitting there are two characters: one belongs to me and the other one to my friend. I wanted to inform that my friend has give me a permission to depict their character and post it here. Sorry for misunderstanding, my English isn’t so good.
Asiandra Dash
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Project Sekai Addict
For the thing with the plushies, does the character have to be from MLP or can it be from a different fandom?  
I just wanna make sure I’m following a the rules correctly-
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I’m withdrawing all characters I planned.

Sel doesn’t care, Sear is leaving the site, Star hasnt been on in years, and I’m withdrawing my character because fuck it.

Still doing Badheart though, plus whoever buys one (it’s 20$ now)
Bigshot232
Blue Skies - For Patreon supporters
When you Ponk - Derpi Supporter
Element of Generosity - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@Ninji  
Sorry to hear, things happen and people’s interests and priorities changed. I know mine has and my being here is mostly out of habit.

Still low keyed annoyed you are advertising your works during an event (and previous events) thats all about being inclusive, where other artists continue to step forward to help people be a part of this event voluntarily. But as all things are you have your reasons of which I do not know and thus should not judge you on.

That being said I still hope to see your OC in the final collab when it is finally completed.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Bigshot232  
I don’t have a moral obligation to draw for anyone except the ones who pay me.

You can bite me, in fact my price is more expensive, and I’m less personally attached to it. I don’t have to make avatars for people who don’t even stick around.

We don’t have to donate blood to this event, it’s supposed to be fun, and it might be fun to pay to have an artist to do your work like a professional.

The fact I do it for my friends should be astounding. I’m the one person at the carnival that gives you something for your money and a make extra for friends. However my friend might want other art, art that doesn’t involve an arbitry emotional obligation to this website, no offense to it.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
You didn’t buy anything. You gave me stuff and I’ll do your character of coarse.
Bigshot232
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@Ninji  
And that reasoning is fine, as I said I did not fully know the reasoning behind it so I can’t judge. Just as advertising your skill set to make money is also completely fine.

My point being the event is about inclusion and helping everyone take part. Not everyone can participate due to time / art skills / etc, which is where people who have time can help, maybe even make friend during the event.

My greviance doesn’t come from you personally or you advertising yourself, but you advertising it in the collab thread/s. To me it seems / comes off as a bit tactless. And I don’t see this as donating blood, its as you said all about having fun and doing something together with hundreds of other people, people whom we at one point or another shared a common interest and appreciation.

And is it really that astounding? That sharing your skill with friends is some form of grand triumph worthy of recognition? Maybe my view point is warped or skewed from reality, but to me, wouldnt you want to share this talent you have cultivated over the years with them? Its part of who you are.

I just make drawings for people, I don’t ask if they want it, I just do it and give it to them and let them use as they like. I don’t see that as outstanding or astonishing, I just see it as giving a fan a piece of the fandom they can call their own, and thats all it ever needs to be.

Personally I think your drawings are quite nice, and you as a person are fine in my books. Its just this advertising in these collab threads that rubs me the wrong way.
Background Pony #8268
@Bigshot232
I don’t have a moral obligation to draw for anyone except the ones who pay me.
You can bite me, in fact my price is more expensive, and I’m less personally attached to it. I don’t have to make avatars for people who don’t even stick around.
We don’t have to donate blood to this event, it’s supposed to be fun, and it might be fun to pay to have an artist to do your work like a professional.
The fact I do it for my friends should be astounding. I’m the one person at the carnival that gives you something for your money and a make extra for friends. However my friend might want other art, art that doesn’t involve an arbitry emotional obligation to this website, no offense to it.
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ
You didn’t buy anything. You gave me stuff and I’ll do your character of coarse.

Are you serious…?
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Bigshot232  
Not everyone can participate, so I get punished for not wanting or being able to participate?

You’re the one making the issue here, not me or my friends. If grand recognition means leave me alone because than yes.

@Background Pony #8268  
Yes, dumb vague question by a coward.
FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
@Ninji
And that reasoning is fine, as I said I did not fully know the reasoning behind it so I can’t judge. Just as advertising your skill set to make money is also completely fine.
My greviance doesn’t come from you personally or you advertising yourself, but you advertising it in the collab thread/s. To me it seems / comes off as a bit tactless. And I don’t see this as donating blood, its as you said all about having fun and doing something together with hundreds of other people, people whom we at one point or another shared a common interest and appreciation.
Personally I think your drawings are quite nice, and you as a person are fine in my books. Its just this advertising in these collab threads that rubs me the wrong way.

@Ninji  
I don’t think he’s talking about that, but it’s nice to know that you care that much for your friends.

Either way, let’s try not to argue in here please, thank you, have a nice day.
Bigshot232
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@Ninji  
You are not being punished, not even being told to cease and desist. If you don’t have the time or the motivation to join in the event then thats life. Its through zero fault of your own and shouldn’t be treated as such. You have your life and should be aloud to do with it as you see fit.

And there’s nothing I have said about your friends, they have their priorities and wishes and are free to do as they please as well.

And I dont believe I am the one making it an issue. I voiced my personal displeasure over something I have watched you do over the years. I didnt insult, I made an observation and how that observation has made me feel. You then decided to make a point of which I read to better understand your side of things, and then I further replied with how it has come off to me.

If there is an issue, I would say in fairness its both of us that have caused it, but I had in no way shape or form desired to continue this topic of conversation beyond my inital post.

There is zero need to lash out over this, especially calling another person a coward. Just as there was zero need for someone to “reee” at the fact you had chosen not to participate this year.

@Ninji  
If grand recognition means leave me alone because than yes.

I actually legit dont understand the sentence here, if you want to clarify what you meant that would be greatly appreciated.

@FliegerFaustToP47  
You are right, but this does have something to do with the collab, Ninji has been apart of it since its inception 5 years ago. We have already started a dialogue and should see it through to its completion.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Time for a new one