Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra  
We’re not on ‘lockdown’.

The most that has happened is a couple of us subscribed to the political containment zone. Also I’m thinking about a second martini at this point. And maybe some MineCraft on a friend’s realm.

That said, if you notice any problems that you think we should be looking at, please report them.
SeafoamSelene

Why is downvoting a thing on this site? I spent a lot of time on the first submission I made here and I’ve received downvotes with no real explanation as to why it is unfavorable to some. There is a report button already to keep people from posting things that shouldn’t be here, so what purpose does the downvote button serve other than to allow trolling? If you like the submission, upvote it, if you don’t, move on. Is there a sincere explanation for the downvote button?
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@moonchosen  
No. There are no hidden staff members. Any accounts with any sort of permissions are listed on the site staff list page

@Panko Pai  
Cybernetics and brain-computer interfacing thingies.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Policy changes.

@SeafoamSelene  
There is a button to hide downvote counts. It’s located in the Settings -> Display tab. Voting in either direction is meant as an expression of opinion to contribute to the “overall opinion” score of an image. Said “overall opinion” helps people filter things and find things that are generally favored by the community in general.
SeafoamSelene

@SeafoamSelene
There is a button to hide downvote counts. It’s located in the Settings -> Display tab. Voting in either direction is meant as an expression of opinion to contribute to the “overall opinion” score of an image. Said “overall opinion” helps people filter things and find things that are generally favored by the community in general.

This is where the design has failed. It allows a community to exist off the ideals of those that troll the hardest. An upvote button existing alone without a downvote button does the EXACT same thing you just stated and actually fosters a community based off common interest instead of common complaints. There is a saying that goes, “The empty can rattles the most.” It’s the basis upon which your community will trend given that you’ve allowed those “empty cans” a larger voice than has ever proven necessary. There are plenty of smarter pony sites though. I’ll stick with those, thank you.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Wait, how can one former staff member become an account from one of the current mods? That’s now how it’s supposed to work on this.

If you have two profiles on the site (which is completely fine and many people have more than one profile) and you are accepted as a volunteer, you’ll be asked which of your profiles you want to use when you do volunteer work for the site.

Is there a reason that we shouldn’t do that? Or is there something that you would prefer?
Jaredking779
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@Ciaran  
Well, nothing, when that one user told me about it, I was literally shocked that a former staff member is actually one of the current mods. This was very rare to occur with two different staff members.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide