Call in sick, or tough through?

Palinor

Here I am this morning, my heart was beating heavily as I woke up and the veins in my hands were rather prominent. I figured that with the light sweat on me that I’d gotten dehydrated through the night, but a glass of water later and while the veins aren’t bulged out my heart has a slight twinge and I’m able to feel the beating of it.

I’m pretty 50-50 on it right now, whether I should call in to work or try and make it through the day. My last test is going to be walking to the bathroom, taking a shower, and if my heart is acting like before I’ll be calling in but perhaps it’ll be better?

The situation made me curious about your opinions. What’s your stance on sick leave from work? Does it bother you when you have to? Does it bother you when others do so? Do you think it’s a-ok, and to which degree of illnesses do you find okay for call-ins?
Yorec
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

If you have a surplus of sick days, just take the day off. Not gonna be good if you’re heart explodes while doing whatever you do.
Background Pony #634B
… Um, I’d suggest going to the hospital. I can think of a hundred causes, but unless you just have a hangover or something, you’ll probably wanna get this checked out in any case…
Vlakc

“What’s your stance on sick leave from work?”  
-I only do so when I’m sick enough to be confined to a bed and when the disease doesn’t let me concentrate at all, In other words, only when I’m dangerously sick (which is almost never) otherwise, I put up with it.

“Does it bother you when you have to?”  
-Of course it bothers me, because being sick is time and/or money wasted, that’s why I always try to not do anything that might get me sick.

“Does it bother you when others do so?”  
-Only if it’s something really serious, if they call in sick just because they felt dizzy or something like that is kinda hard for me to respect that people and take them seriously.

“Do you think it’s a-ok, and to which degree of illnesses do you find okay for call-ins?”  
-As I said, only when I’m sick enough to not be able to drive properly and/or concentrate on a task.

If I was in your situation, I’ll check if I’m able to concentrate on a task and if I’m able to drive properly (as I said before), if you don’t feel that bad but can’t drive properly call a cab or something and go to work, however if you feel bad enough that you can’t think straight, then call in sick and rest, take some pills if you can.

Hope you get better Palinor.
nyxabuse

Call in sick when you’re actually sick, or when you really want a day off (only do the latter so long as you’re doing fine at work, don’t do it too often and don’t get caught doing it).

In your case, go see your doctor right now. I doubt your employer is paying you enough to risk your life, and heart problems aren’t something to fuck around with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide