Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Just checked out episode 1.
It was alright; didn’t really hook me. I’m still not entirely sure how they plan on reforming sinners. Angel’s VA was distracting at first, but I came around on it.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Has anyone else seen the criticism that “The animation in Hazbin Hotel looks too good for an adult cartoon”?
The criticism is that the animation looks too much like a kids’ cartoon, and therefore kids may be fooled into watching it. Never mind the disclaimers at the beginning of every episode.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Angrybrony
It really is. I’ve heard people legitimately argue it, and I’m just like… bruh. Haven’t we all been clamoring for different-looking adult cartoons for years now?
We have been Stockholm syndrome’d by the Family Guy art style. Anything that looks visually appealing is now made for little kids.
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
Saw that the other night. It was indeed a cute image
Huh, that’s a new one.
Also, I agree. Adult animated shows like Inside Job, Archer, and BoJack Horseman are examples of visually appealing works that have already ran their respective courses. We need more like that.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I finally watched the first 4 episodes.
This… this was fucking fantastic. I’d argue the writing isn’t as consistently good as it was in the pilot (though it’s still better than what we’ve been getting for Helluva Season 2), and I feel like having two songs per episode kinda fucked with the pacing for episodes 2 and 3, but outside of that, this is just as good as I was hoping it would be.
And as for these two…
GODDAMN, that sequence was phenomenal.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Angrybrony
@Dirty Bit
I mean, there are even a ton of disclaimers at the beginning of every episode telling you it’s not for kids. Anyone who still watches only has themselves to blame if they’re shocked at the adult content. These are the exact same complaints levied against The Simpsons in the 80s. It’s just gone from “Cartoon are for kids” to “Well-animated cartoons are for kids.”
Guys, guys…
Awww, that is heartwarming. I’ll admit, I’m gonna miss them, especially Michael Kovach as Angel Dust, but I’m glad they gave us that final sendoff.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
OMG, episode 2 has a song where Charlie has a bedhead the entire time. It’s so cute.
That was a lot of fun. I can already sense that Angel is going to feel left out. Reminds me of the “Addict” music video.
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Blingo
Watched the four episodes myself, I’m just hoping Charlie eventually shows her… demons and shows her full power too. She is way too pure for a demon. I know the pilot showed she has rocky relationship with her dad but I need more!
Background Pony #8D62
@Angrybrony
Family guy actually did have that in the earlier days. The reason it lessened was because it was starting to be like kicking a dead horse (and I predict the same for hazbin).
Same case for the simpsons.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Here are some cons I have from the first episode:
-Animation did feel a bit stiff compared to the pilot because of the animation studio chosen but I can tell that they were giving it their all. Hopefully they improve as the series goes on.
-The new voices range from good to fine, but I personally wasn’t feeling Angel’s new voice. It felt like his new voice actor was trying to sound too much like Michael Kovach’s impression and it just sounds off. Husk’s new voice was funny though.
-I didn’t feel Adam at all as an antagonist. I get he was supposed to be a subversion of the sweet and kind angel and was deliberately written to be unlikeable, but to me he felt like a C-tier Blitzø, a character type I’ve seen before and has been done better. Eve was a better character I’ll admit.
That’s it, the rest I liked from the jokes to the plot to the characters being intact to the exposition on the creation of Hell and Heaven’s desire to eradicate it. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
I still need to watch the other episodes though
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Twitter is acting so weird about the show. “This would be better if not for all the bad language!”
Like what? Honestly, the only character who’s potty mouth stood out to me was Adam.
Also people REALLY hated, and I mean REALLY hated the joke where Angel calls Vaggie “Vagina”.
Like yeah? Angel is a crass asshole. Congratulations on seeing the show for the first time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide