The Alcohol Thread (Possible NSFW)

Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Most rums available are not worth drinking straight but the good ones should be at least in theory. Anyway yeah arguably rum is the most mixable hard liquor just because it is so sugary. But yeah try it with ginger ale if you haven’t already.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I tried two kinds of mead today as I’ve been entertaining the idea of trying to brew some mead.
The first was a dry mead from White Winter Winery, served chilled. I think it’s too dry. It’s hard to describe, but it has the body of honey without the viscosity or the sweetness. The bottle says “honey wine with natural flavors” without saying what the natural flavors are. I don’t like it.
The second is Viking Blod from Dansk Mjod in Denmark. I’m drinking a warmed mug now. It’s definitely better warm. It’s thicker than the dry mead and much sweeter without being cloying. I can taste and smell the ginger. Overall it’s like a sweet mulled wine and I like mulled wine. This is a good winter drink, though not something I’d want in summer’s heat.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Lord WyrmSpawN
Get another bottle and try it warm. It’s a great drink for this time of year.
I saw Dansk Mjod had another mead called Odin’s Skull with sour apple juice and cinnamon. That sounds pretty good. I’ll pick it up the next time I go to the store. The apple juice would put it closer to what’s called cyser, which is mead with apple juice substituted for water.
kleptomage

I’ve started a simple 1 gallon batch of mead as an experiment. Compared to the couple times I’ve tried to brew beer, it’s a simpler and shorter process. The only complicated part so far is adding the nutrients for the yeast. Honey doesn’t have enough nutrients on its own and the best way to add nutrients is in increments so the yeast is neither starved nor hyperactive. It’s a tiny amount for one gallon: 2.5 grams of Go Ferm when the yeast was pitched and 4.53 grams Fermaid O divided by 4 additions. I’ve had to order a more precise scale to measure such small quantities. I may have added more Go Ferm than necessary, so it should be good until tomorrow when the scale comes.
kleptomage

From the start, the specific gravity of the mead was off and I had to abandon the project when I saw mold. I don’t know what went wrong.
I’ll probably try making hard cider next. That’s supposed to be easier.
kleptomage

Bourbon Milk Punch
4 oz milk (Not skim. Never buy skim milk. Milk is supposed to have fat.)
2 Tbsp half and half
4 Tsp powdered sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 oz bourbon, similar whiskey, brandy, or rum
Shake with ice, pour in a glass with ice, and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
It’s delicious and easy on the stomach.
kleptomage

I bought a bottle of Paul Masson brandy because of this video with Orson Welles. It’s so bad I poured the bottle down the drain.
For a few dollars more, I got a big bottle of St. Remy French brandy that’s pretty good. I mixed the St. Remy with wassail punch from Trader Joe’s for a nice hot drink.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide