The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #6BAC
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Please don’t make it edgy. Please don’t make it edgy. Please don’t make it edgy. Please don’t make it edgy
Warner Brothers Executive: “So we were thinking, opening scene, Robin rolls up a Joker playing card and does a line of coke off of Batman’s coffin.”
Director: “…I thought we were trying to get away from the dark edgy stuff.”
Warner Brothers Executive: “Eh, it doesn’t matter, we’ll be canceling this before release anyway.”
Posted Report
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
It seems that doctor who in the uk will be released on iplayer before it is on TV.
Internationally, It will be on Disney plus the same time.
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Here are the animes I plan on watching next season
KonoSuba season 3
Tensei Slime season 3
Spice and Wolf remake
Yuru Camp season 3
Mission: Yozakura Family
Jellyfish Can’t Swim At Night
The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Two nights ago, in preparation for the inevitable disappointment of the new movie of The Crow, I stayed up way too late reading the original comic. Golly, you can tell it was written by a guy who was grieving his fiancée’s death.
A huge amount of the comic, amidst Eric’s quest for vengeance upon those who killed him and his fiancée Shelly, is focused on his grief for her. There are flashbacks to their Christmas together, the domestic life they had, even like really mundane stuff like painting the house. Shelly is also given a personality and isn’t just a flat character whose only purpose for the plot was dying.
And that grief for that person that she was is what lets Eric hold onto his humanity: it’s what drives him to do things like adopting the cat Gabriel after its owner is killed by thugs, and then make sure Gabriel has a home when it’s time for him to leave this world for good; it’s what leads to him giving Shelly’s ring to young Sherri as the first gift she’s ever received, treat Sherri gently, urge her mom to get clean, and let Officer Albrecht know that she needs protection. Even when Funboy, one of the members of the gang, talks with Eric and tells him he doesn’t know why he is the way he is, doesn’t see the way to be better, and thinks resisting Eric pointless, he lets him take drugs to overdose and have a relatively peaceful end instead of killing him himself. Not only because of Eric’s own personality buried under layers of rage and depression, but also because of Shelly’s retained influence on him beyond the grave.
The film leaves a lot of this out, and Shelly’s passing is more of just the backdrop and driving force of his quest for revenge; however, there are some aspects of the film that I like better. Specifically, I like how much more it fleshes out both Albrecht and Sarah’s characters, while in the comic they’re mostly confined to the background. Especially Sarah (Sherri in the comics), who I feel there’s even more of a reason for Eric to care about, given that Shelly had cared for Sarah during her life.
I also love the graphic stylized nature of the comic, which was carried over to the film.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@northern haste
I think she also said something about how she hated America and only wanted spend a few months in Georgia. I forgot the tweet.
Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s very bored and wants to troll everyone with insane takes.
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste
To be fair, I am an American and I too hate this place.
Also, speaking of Harry Potter crap, guess what I found out:

The guy that played Ron Weasley’s dad was a voice actor on Power Rangers twice, almost five years apart.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart
I read that version, yeah! I remember those pages from it.
Here’s a hot take: If they wanted to do a direct adaptation of the comic of The Crow, it shouldn’t be a live action film at all… it should be an animated miniseries.
The miniseries would be the best format in regards to showing all the events of the comic, including the flashbacks to Eric’s life he had before with Shelly, while fleshing out some of the other characters more. And making it animated would be the best way of capturing the stylization of the source material. Imagine if it were animated in Sin City style, where everything was black and white except the blood, but then the flashbacks are in full color, symbolizing life, bliss, and joy, to contrast the black and white bleakness of the present day.
Honestly, a lot of comics would benefit from having animated adaptations instead of live action ones, but that’s a conversation that Hollywood isn’t ready to have.
Posted Report
Background Pony #43A7
Is it disrespectful to prefer the fanfic retelling over a canon ending.
Like a Mass Effect 3 fic with a satisfying ending? Or a Pokefic where Ash becomes champion in Johto and goes out with Misty? Or a Star Wars fic where the sequels don’t destroy the originals and prequels legacy and don’t make Rey a Ma-rey Sue?
I don’t want to seem disrespectful to the original creators. I know these are just fanworks. But dang it sometimes I wish the fanfic was the true canon.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!

The guy that played Ron Weasley’s dad was a voice actor on Power Rangers twice, almost five years apart.
I’ve now found out that the wiki and various other sources may have been wrong and the Mark Williams who voiced these two random monsters may have actually been this dude:

Mark Williams is a pretty common name, so much more likely this NZ guy just has poorly curated credits than a British actor happened to be in NZ a couple times and at the same time did some Power Rangers voices.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I noticed that the vast majority of problems that happen in the story of Naruto can basically be boiled down to either “The Uchiha clan kinda sucks” and/or “Danzo’s an asshole”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide