Thoughts on Littlest Pet Shop

Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

đź…±
Okay, so the first season of this show aired a couple of weeks ago, and I managed to catch a couple episodes here and there. Let me just say that while it’s better than most shows airing today, it still lacks the “magic” that makes FiM so successful and memorable.

The main characters are as follows:

Zoe Trent: A dog with Twilight Sparkle’s color scheme that acts like Rarity. I’ve seen it said it’s unfair to call her design “inspired” by Twilight’s, but they’re literally exactly the same colors. Probably one of the most memorable characters though.

Sunil Nelva: A mongoose that apparently wants to be a magician. I really don’t know. Does show how Peter New can voice act really well, though.

Russell Ferguson: A hedgehog with Double D from Ed Edd n’ Eddy’s voice. Essentially is Double D in hedgehog form and is by far the consistently most entertaining character on the show.

Vinnie Terrio: A lizard, I think? He’s not that bright and jokes are made about that all the time. Okay, I guess, but not very memorable.

Penny Ling: A panda (yes, really) that isn’t really interesting, usually acts like a pastiche of various Fluttershy moments, alternating between “RAGE” and sweetness.

Pepper Clark: One of the two comic relief pets. She’s a prop comic. Funny in short doses, but she cannot carry an episode by herself and the ones she does are incredibly weird and unfunnny for all the wrong reasons.

Minka Mark: Oh, boy. Imagine if FiM had a Pinkie Clone instead of Pinkie herself and you’d have a pretty good idea of what Minka is like. She’s pretty much Pinkie, but with any sort of relatability replaced with randomness.

Notice how I left out the humans? Well, the humans, including Blythe, are boring. I can only believe this was intentional to get us to focus on the pets more, but the thing is that LPS has subplots. You go from a song inspired by Thriller that’s hilarious to Blythe just standing around and talking to her friends. The flow of the show is strange at times because of this, and again, I believe it’s intentional.

I think the people who made this show realize how absolutely insane it is in execution and just go all out with the weirdness. Sometimes it fits, and sometimes it doesn’t. I think that if any other staff other than FiM’s were working on this show it wouldn’t be nearly close to successful. The VAs are pretty great, Ingram knows how to write and it’s interesting to hear him experiment with styles that wouldn’t fit FiM, and occasionally the jokes are pretty funny.

It’s just that…I don’t know, this show has never “clicked” with me the same way FiM has. It can be entertaining sometimes for sure, but it’s not something that I’d watch years down the road. I have a feeling it will probably always be in FiM’s shadow and compared to it, but I honestly think that’s to the show’s benefit.

tl;dr, LPS is just a decent show. You can tell they had a lot of fun making it, but it’s just “missing” something.
RIG
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - Five Nights at Freddy's thread
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

The Anti-Normies
why you don’t just bumped the first thread you made about this instead of making a new one?
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Did somebody say Littlest Pet Shop.  
I watched a couple of episodes. And the most character that they gave Bythe is on the first episode. Which I remember she was freaking out when she heard talking animals.

Then after that it was fixed. WTF man.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

đź…±
@someguy111  
That actually wouldn’t be that bad. LPS isn’t terrible.

@igotnopicks  
My headcanon is that she bumped her head on the fall in the dumbwaiter and the whole series is one big coma dream. She’ll wake up from it and go back to the shop where she sees completely normal animals that don’t talk to her.
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
I haven’t seen it, But from what i’ve heard of it i’d probably prefer Jewelpet.

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide