General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Kirb  
Not like dub fans are much better, at the very least.

I’M NOT A WEEABOO LIKE THOSE GUYS LOOK AT ME I’M A SPESHUL SNOFLAEK I WATCH ANIME IN DUBS BECAUSE I SPEAK ENGLISH THEY’RE JUST DIRTY WEEABOOS EWWWWW RIGHT I’M SO NOT LIKE THEM PLS DON’T HATE ME BECAUSE I HAVE AN ANIME AVATAR cri faec
.44caliberloveletter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@Kirb  
Theres purists on both ends just like everything else. Personally for me I dont watch dubs simply because I dont care about watching any though I do respect the fact that there are well made ones.
Viscera
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
@Kirb  
Really, both sides have a good share of “snobs”. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t give a flying fuck whether someone prefer subs or dubs, as long as they don’t give other people shit for preferring the other.

By now, I pretty much purely watch subs. Sometimes, I watch a German dub (of something I watched a sub before), just out of curiosity how the voices are. Meanwhile, I don’t see a reason to care about English dubs at all.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@Kirb  
We could take the middle ground and go along with that “Let people like what they like!” spiel, but the other side would just steamroll everyone for that. Sub fans would still be weeb-shamed like we’re some sort of circus sideshow freaks who are all carbon copies of Ken-sama. Not like that isn’t the case as is, but hey, spitting back is better than just turning the other cheek.

It amazes me how stupid people act over this kind of shit, but going along with it is much more fun than just trying to sit on top of the mountain in the middle at least. Plus it gets better results, because either that kind of person just irritates people or just gets ignored.
Viscera
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
@QuasarNova  
Someone who doesn’t know Fate/Stay Night? There’s a severe lack of Rin Tohsaka on the “good” side. Pretty strange, considering that even Akiha Tohno is there.
Viscera
Artist -

Umu
@TheHappySpaceman  
Eh, the only thing I would ever consider that with is Monster. Not just because it’s set in Germany (and German dubs are the only ones I care at least a little about), but it’s also pretty realistic, which is rather unusual for depictions of foreign countries.

Related, I’m sad that I just don’t find any copies of the manga anymore here.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dashu  
Gunsmith Cats is actually very good at its depiction of Chicago, or at least what I remember of it; I haven’t been there since 2012. Part of this is because the animators actually spent some time in the Windy City before working on the anime.

@Albus Fahrenheits  
I don’t know that one. What is it about?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide