Religion general

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Zincy
Fruitless maybe.
Abrahamic god has no gender. The language has gender stuff in it, where certain things are dominant and masculine.
God’s existence could be more complicated to God, I don’t think so, and functionally he’d still be all powerful to us.
One explaination for gods body could be that it’s space itself. They do say all powerful and everywhere and all knowing. That describes nothing, or in a stretch of language everything.
God could have a separate body or even life. Could even have a death, even if it’s only after endless eternity’s from our perspective.
I say god is a man. Only a man would fuck everything up this hard.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
The language can be confusing.
Anti-theist: Thinks it’s not possible for god to exists (anti means against)
Atheist: They lack the asserted belief, but do not go against the possibility. (a means without)
Agnostic: The belief that some knowledge (particularly about god) is ultimately unattainable to mortals. This can apply to theist, anti-theist and atheist. (agnostic is the opposite of gnosticism, which is a pagan idea that you can have direct knowledge to the identity of god)
Background Pony #D046
I’m not sure if I’m a good Christian or not
But, whichever God there is out there, I just want to ask him one thing
That me and my friends are grouped in the afterlife
I don’t know what my future has, I don’t know if they might die or I might die. Currently one of my friends hasn’t replied for two years and got me worried.
I just… Idk
I know life is valuable and should be spent enjoying time with your loved ones and yada yada yada.
But I just want to have fun with the people I love and the people who cared and didn’t judge me in the afterlife
Like some kind of heaven where we’re all together, having fun, doing what we couldn’t do on Earth, either by physical impossibility or because we got our lives cut short.
In particular that friend I haven’t seen since 2 year was lonely and I was his only friend, he is the best person I have ever meet and I’d love for him to met my friends now… If he ever joins back to Internet…
Or me, I might get killed any day, any time, for any reason, living in a dangerous country with rampant crime, dictatorial regime and stupid police that only works against ‘dissidents’
Because it’s scary to think that you’ll be able to talk with your soulmate for less than 1 month before you get violently murdered in the streets. Or have a cardiac arrest or some shit
And… If that was completely possible, that me and my friends would be able to meet in heaven, it worries me that some of them might not make it there
I mean. 1 out of 10 friends I have are Christian, and if you ask me, as much as I love God and all that, it would suck if I wouldn’t be able to meet my friends, real nice people, that would sacrifice a limb for you, because they ‘weren’t baptised or never ate Jesus’s body and Jesus’s blood’ or something.
I guess I just have a fantasy kind of mentality, but my friends and loved ones are the most important thing I have right now.
Heaven, or afterlife without them would be like HellLite+
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
On Twitter, there are many conservatives and other insane people who claim to be Christian. Their methods of worshipping God involves harrassing gay and trans people, accusing them of pedophilia, and supporting autocrats and conspiracy theories.
Some of them, especially those in russia, twist family values to forcibly make families and raise children as soldiers.
If these are the loudest voices of “Christianity”, they make the whole religion look like an angry mob. They make all other Christians look as worse as them.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #D046
In my religion, the Big G decides who goes where and being a muslim is just a modifier that increases your chances of entering the place with good vibes. But it’s no guarantee.
Similarly that means, ppl who aren’t muslim are not completely exempt from entering.
And then there are also hadith on ppl who’s in heaven tryna pull ppl out of hell saying “ay I know xyz, they in hell right now, but he was cool tho” and they get pulled into heaven reunited with the ppl they…
And then there’s a hadith that says you will be reunited with ppl you care about.
So in essence. You’ll prolly hang out together again.
Beth

In digital purgatory
I don’t care what happens to me. If my cats are stuck in limbo i want to comfort them, and help them move on.
If you don’t know what to believe, you could always try to be the best person ever, you can prob get in good with god that way too.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
I find it weird that Moses floated on the Nile for so long and somehow he didn’t get devoured by a croc.
There’s a reason nobody swims in the Nile.
Background Pony #A43B
I recently read somewhere that there is a “crisis in Christianity” lately in America because right-wing evangelical followers are dismissing the teachings of Jesus Christ himself as “liberal talking points”.
I’m afraid I can’t find the link to that article I read a week or two ago, but I did come across a news video today that mentions the issue: https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-un-christian-person-ever-202738863.html
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #A43B
Many but not all christians have lost their soul.
This is why I don’t answer to the eternal bible. Any retard with an IQ above their pets age knows that no language is eternal. One could argue the bible is a tool to test ones morality at best. I still believe in god, I just believe the bible is intentionally shit to weed out the righteous from those who only want to serve themselves.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
there is a “crisis in Christianity” lately in America because right-wing evangelical followers are dismissing the teachings of Jesus Christ himself as “liberal talking points”.
Pat Robertson once equated non-Christians to “termites” and accused them of destroying institutions he claims were “built by Christians”, whilst implying that only Christians had a desire to build civilizations.
This was back in ’86.
There are only two words to describe evangelical Christians: pure evil.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I had a debate with a very devout friend once. He used to be a pretty reasonable fellow, until he went to the glorified church masquerading as a university “Liberty”.
He critized my lifestyle at the time. This was my “roaring” days a few years ago. Full sex, drugs, and rock&roll mode.
He told me because he loves Jesus and hates sin, he’s good to go. That he “lived like Jesus”
After a particularly stupid argument, I hit him with a few questions. I asked him about a church in our hometown that installed spikes to prevent homeless people from sleeping around it. I then asked him about his own personal life.
I asked when was the last time he let a homeless person into his home, or gave away a paycheck to feed them. Or washed someone’s feet, or shielded a whore from an angry mob. I then asked him when’s the last time he did anything for the needy, aside from donating to the church.
Imma humble brag for a minute. I have participated in over 30 charity runs/marathons in my life. I was a peer counselor throughout high school and was in a youth charity club since middle. I helped renovate homes for disabled veterans. I have stood on 12 picket lines throughout my life at jobs i didn’t even work at. Been to several marches for civil rights. And while I hadn’t done this at the time, my career is dedicated to helping some of America’s most vulnerable people.
He, meanwhile, was training to be a preacher. He preached hate and anger, barely did any charity work, and the only march he had ever been in was one to opposed gay marriage before the SC decision back in the day.
I have lived more like Jesus than that jackass who sought to be a preacher.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Artist -

Zamasu
@Zincy
I’m willing to bet that he only wanted to be a preacher so he could open his own mega-church and take in millions of dollars in tithing donations, all tax-free. Shit like this is prevalent in places like Texas.
Hell, even the Mormon church got most of its wealth by somehow convincing people to give it to them. The very top brass is living lavish lifestyles in their McMansions with their “living stipends” (that are somehow not classified as salaries, btw)…all on the backs of their unpaid lay clergy.
So much scum in American Christianity. And yet they wonder why we lose faith.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Between 30% and 40% of Americans belong to the “nones” or “nothing in particulars”. Which is a terrible naming conversation for what they actually represent.
That group is a diverse mish-mash of various identities. You’ve got your atheists and antitheists, your agnostics and aptheists all the usual. But this group also includes the “spiritual but not religious” groups, folk and Pagan religions, New age and Wiccan, and those who are still religious but dislike or outright hate churches and organized religion. The largest group of that last category, btw, are former evangelicals and catholics who still believe in God and Jesus and all that jazz, bit really dislike the church.
This goes along with the conversations from earlier in this thread regarding “republican Jesus vs liberal Jesus”.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Some editor for conservative website The Sentinel complained that the Pope told the son of a non-religious deceased father that he was living peacefully in Heaven for baptizing the kid and his three siblings.
I’m increasingly convinced that being a white American Christian is the equivalent of being a Klansman or Holocaust denier or revisionist.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Honestly if this Israel-Gaza conflict has taught me anything it’s that I made the right choice to lose my faith and stop going to church after I graduated high school.
Why would I ever want to be associated with a family of religions obsessed with apocalypse, genocide and pessimism? All I see with Judaism, Christianity and Islam is a history of misery, violence and setting back human progress and evolution by centuries. I doubt the Black Death would’ve been so bad if Christians didn’t waste their time burning Jews alive under the false belief they were spreading the disease.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide