Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah, I had issues on my old phone too.  
I have almost every character now, including a few limited time ones. (Like the movie & IDW ones.)

The current dang event won’t even give me enough cards to unlock Spring Cream annoyingly, but it gives me tons for Festival Blaze, whom I’ve already unlocked.

A li’l game tip. Save your red rings for doing extra event missions, (to unlock the rarer characters) rather then using them on treasure chests.

@[Ω]  
I wouldn’t mind it, I kinda like them too.  
I’ve seen some fans make good ones before. (Though, sometimes they give Sonia a more masculine long nose.)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Sonic the Hedgehog being the second highest grossing film this year is just… it’s amazing.

And it’s the second highest grossing film because they had to change the design, so they ended up being more successful because of it. Had they had the bad luck of releasing the improved version later in the year (even just a week or two later), it woud not have had that big of a box office gross. So it’s by pure dumb luck that they happened to have hit just the right moment.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Sonic Forces just announced that Sonic and the Black Knight will be coming to the mobile game, so basically Sonic with Caliburn which I’m excited to see.  
(I know SatBK gets a bad rap but it is a personal favorite of mine)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Every time I think they’re running out of characters, they somehow add another character, or costume, I least expect.  
(Don’t expect Mighty, Ray, Nack/Fang, Bean, Bark, or Honey though, because apparently “Classic” era characters are forbidden in Modern style games, and the IDW series. I really hate this “Classic & Modern have to be separate canons” mandate Sega has now…)

I fact, I like Sonic Dash’s Knuckle & Rouge outfits they added recently. Wonder if Knight Sonic will be in it too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Huh, not bad.

Was Jewel the jewel beatle created by ChibiJenHen? (Jennifer Hernandez) Kinda reminds me of her old fan OC’s, before she became a professional comic artist.

@[Ω]  
I’d actually be cool with that, though they already have a few “Halloween” characters. (Witch Rouge, Vampire Shadow, and Reaper Metal Sonic) Though, a new one would be cool, and sucker me into keep playing.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I recall Archie had a story where Sonic got amnesia.  
Truthfully, I didn’t like that issue, (reminder: I love the Archie Sonic series, and I still miss it, and it’s characters/continuity) because it had parts that didn’t make sense like how the Freedom Fighters were trying to practically kill Sonic with boobytraps, (instead of just capturing him, or something) just because he lost memory, (and was convinced by Robotnik he was his “friend,” and such) and other things that bugged me.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I once encountered 3 Tikals, when I was her too.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for you. lol shame the game doesn’t have friend lists.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Just thought of an edit someone should make with dialogue from Hamilton and the Sonic movie.

Dr. Robotnik: I was spitting out formulas while you were spitting up formula.  
Tom: I was breastfed, actually.  
Robotnik: Nice. Rub that in my orphan face, why don’t ya?  
Sonic suddenly appears, with dialogue dubbed from Hamilton  
Sonic: You’re an orphan, of course! I’m an orphan!  
Robotnik: screams in horror
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I haven’t seen any confirmation of that honestly. Though, frankly “mineral macguffin” has been a common trope, that dates back to ancient mythologies.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I liked that brief hint that Robotnik was also an orphan, giving him & Sonic something in common in the movie.

@[Ω]  
Surrounded!
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky

The way that the Elements used by both heroes and villains throughout MLP-FIM trilogy are identical to the Emeralds being stolen by Eggman to abuse its powers and the heroes fight to recover them, gaining special powers in the process

Same role, different franchise
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
Only MLP villain I recall using them (well one of the elements) was Sunset Shimmer, so that wasn’t quite a recurring thing as it was in Sonic.

Frankly, that idea of “Heroes & villains fighting over magical, all-powerful rocks,” has been around in video games & cartoons/anime BEFORE Sonic. In fact, Final Fantasy did it many years before Sonic even existed.  
Not to mention, I don’t even see proof that Lauren Faust, or many FIM staffers are “Sonic fans.” Only one I can think of, is storyboarder Sibsy.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Possibly, though Super Sonic was introduced in Sonic 2, and it’s confirmed that was a DBZ nod.  
Sega intentionally wanted a Japanese pop-culture nod, and an American one in Sonic 2. The American reference being the Death Egg to Star Wars.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide