Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I saw a guy on DA break over a friendship with somebody, because their friend didn’t hate the comics, Ian, or Sally’s new outfit (That artist Ben Bates designed BTW) like they did. How sad is that?

Ian’s pretty thick-skinned, and said he knew what he was getting into writing for Sonic, as a member of the old Sonic fandom himself. He said he’s gotten both hate & praise sense he started in 2006.  
Ian said he thinks it’s also karma ‘cause he was hard on some Sonic comics too in his younger days.

What baffles me are the Sonic fans that accuse Ian of “making up the Sega mandates,” (claiming they’re just “lies/excuses”) and claim he can “do whatever he wants without Sega’s consent.” …Do they really believe a Japanese game company like Sega doesn’t monitor & supervise their own licensed comic? They seriously don’t understand how a licensed comic works. (Also, if Ian’s lying, then that means all past writers like Ken Penders, & Karl Bollers are too, because they said that they had to work under mandates too, and Sega rejected some of their plots/ideas too.)  
Also, lying about whom you work for is not a good idea, and Ian’s not that dumb.

@Angrybrony  
I love their new outfits, wish Sega would use ’em or allow unlockable outfits again. (And not just in VS mode like in SA2:Battle.)
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
At this point, a lot of people thinks most of the haters are trolls that just throw drama for the sake of trolling, because the fact that they are so dedicated, and most of their “criticism” have a lot of incongruities or just plain doesnt make any sense at all.

True haters throws points that do make sense, while the ones that you mention attacks Ian’s persona.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Some are, but by definition a “troll” is usually a faker just trying to get attention. Ian’s/Archie’s/IDW’s hatedom is so dedicated to their hate, (and spreading false information about them) that I don’t think they’re faking. These haters really seem to believe their own B.S. and put alot of effort into it. One guy on DA even puts up lots of links/research, (misinterpreted research) into his claims against Ian, IDW, ect. too.

As a Sally/SatA.M. fan, it also saddens me that the Sally/SatA.M. fandom has turned against Ian blaming him for why Sally isn’t in the comic, (not understanding a writer can’t “do whatever he wants”) and such, even though Ian said he’d like to bring back the SatA.M. characters, and stuff. Ironically, some are even siding with Ken Penders. I saw one even claim, “Ken had more respect for SatA.M. then Ian.” Which pissed me off, because Ken’s later issues were hardly related to SatA.M., not to mention, he wanted to kill off Sally & Robotnik, (two key SatA.M./comic characters) and on top of that Ken BACKSTABBED Ben Hurst, and his pitch for a SatA.M. third season/finale video movie, because Ken wanted to make his own “Sonic but he’s in space now” movie. (Which was rejected. Karma.) So Ken basically killed any chance for a SatA.M. revival.

Sorry, to rant a bit, lol I’m not trying to mindlessly hate on Ken, (as I said I like his stories, but still think he’s a jerk.) but seeing SatA.M. fans say that, or blindly side with him is ironic.  
Not to mention, unlike Ken, Ian Flynn actually is a SatA.M. fan, referenced it in some of his issues, (including the obscure “MARGERINE” joke/meme that only a SatA.M. viewer would know) and as I said before, ironically Ian used to get hate from anti-SatA.M./anti-Sally fans for using those features in the Archie Sonic comic series.  
(Boy, did that reverse quckly, eh?)

@[Ω]  
Nice, though the OVA was actually late-’90s.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
full

@Beau Skunky  
I understand your frustration.

For this, Sally fans has been stereotyped as being Ian haters for many years, and those cases doesnt help at all. Just recently, a lot of Ian haters were caught using the #Rally4Sally hashtag on Twitter to spread the hate more, which only make thing worse to be honest.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah, as a Sally-fan myself, that upsets me, and frankly it makes all Sally fans look bad. (It’s making me reluctant to join #RallyForSally)  
It’s also ironic, because Ian apparently likes Sally & SatA.M. Sonic too, so Sally-fans hating him, and blaming him for why Sally isn’t in IDW or Sonic Dash/Forces is ridiculous.

It’s like these guys never saw his old Archie issues where he used Sally, the SatA.M. characters, and stuff. If Ian hated Sally, I doubt he would’ve spent so many issues repairing Sonic & Sally’s friendship after the notorious “slap” from Karl Bollers’ famed break-up, AND have her rejoin the Freedom Fighters, after years of just being emo in Castle Acorn.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
full  
FUCKING FUCK ASS MOTHER FUCKING SHIT CUNT FUCKER PIG SHIT METAL SONIC FUCKING SHIT!  
TAILS BETTER FIX MY BOY OR I’M GOING TO HAVE WORDS!
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
What you guys think about this Tvtrope entry that was not accepted in the Sonic IDW Tvtrope page?

full

While I do agree with some of the points, the last words were practically unecessary as it sounds biased and a bit harsh.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah. that looks more like YMMV, somebody’s personal opinion, and quite biased. Especially, the crack about, “boring, unwanted characters,” and claiming the Deadly Six are “despised,” and have “boring stereotypical villain personalities.” (When you think about it, that can be said about almost every Sonic villain. Even Eggman himself has some typical “evil comical mad scientist” tropes.)

I actually kinda like the Deadly Six, and I thought it was nice of the comics to bring them back, and do more with them. I wish more fans would give them a chance.  
Also, honestly Egg-belly doesn’t always have to be the only villain in the Sonic series, I tire of fans getting butthurt anytime he shares the spotlight with others. It’s the same attitude those “Sonic should be the only character!” fans/critics have.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I seem to have been pretty lucky so far when it comes to avoiding the Sonic fandom drama.full  
Maybe in part because I don’t do much Sonic fanart. Look at Sonic in the screen. That’s about the best I can do Sonic.  
full  
It’s weird,I can draw my the other characters competently enough.  
I usually only draw Sonic stuff if it’s requested,like these two images.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Whoever wrote that seems to be speaking mostly for themselves, rather then everyone. (Not to mention, it comes off quite salty.)  
I know, the Deadly Six aren’t super-popular, but saying they are “despised by the entire Sonic fandom” is honestly a stretch.

Though, Zazz seems quite popular in “Sonic Forces: Speed Battle” thanks to his star trail attack. Zavok & Zeena seems to have some fans & fanart too, so honestly I don’t think they’re as “despised” as fans say.

In fact, years ago, gaming sites acted like Shadow the hedgehog was “despised by all Sonic fans” too, but in reality he’s one of the most popular characters, (and scored second to Sonic on the official “most popular character” poll) despite his hatedom. So just ‘cause an “opinion” seems popular in the fandom doesn’t mean it is, especially sense haters are more outspoken then fans.

As for Eggman being “upstaged” by other villains, ironically alot of recent games have had him as the main villain. (Like Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Mania) I see some fans actually complaining that Eggman is getting overdone. So apparently, not everyone feels the same as that TVTropes OP.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
There was this gag from the Archie days  
full  
Now I’m wondering why Archie didn’t take advantage of owning TMNT and Sonic.  
Archie meets the Punisher,Kiss, Predator, Glee,the Ramones…
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I actually have that comic via one of the “Sonic Archives” collection reprint books. Surprised they kept the TMNT cameo in. (Bebop & Rocksteady also cameo in the “Scourge the Hedgehog in the Zone Prison” arc from “Sonic Universe.”)

Y’know, IDW actually reprints the old Archie Inc. “TMNT Adventures” comics, (both physical and digital versions) though they edit the Archie logos out. (This is apparently, because Mirage/Nickelodeon have more rights over the series then Archie.) Would be nice if someday they could reprint the Archie Sonic comics, but there might be too many legal issues with those… (Thanks to Ken Penders & Scott Fulop.)

@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
Technically, he originally came from the games via “Sonic the Fighters.”  
Unfortunately, because now Sega wants to have Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic be separate, characters like Bark, Bean, Nack, Mighty, Ray, and Honey aren’t allowed in modern games, or the IDW comics.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
I finally reached 5000 points and Master Level in Forces Mobile, only for My Bad internet connection and very unfair matches has reduced me to 4900 again.

full

You have no idea how agonizing and frustrating this is. If you start a match with wifi problems, the game will “kick You” out of the match, but your character is still competing inside the Game with other players.

You are literally forced to lose the match and lose progress.

And not to talk about the massively broken matchmaking. I am encountering players who are three or four levels above me. They are faster than me, stronger and more resistant to my attacks, and have overleveled characters who curbstomps me since I am underleveled.

Usually I win at second place, but I win miserable amount of points (around 1 or 8 points) and sometimes lose points. I need to win at 1st place againts this pros to win 15 points, or lose 20 if I lose the match at 4th place.

This is fucking bullshit. I am about to quit this game lol
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide