Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #0D69
Homeless people don’t camp near schools.
Whatever drugs they’re doing isn’t my problem, but their problem is usually a lack of anything better to do, a lack of social circle that would discourage such behavior; so unless anyone is going to help them in a meaningful way might as well let them have their dope.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@BlitztheDragon
What if the homeless tent person is injecting heroin next to an elementary school?
As somebody that knows people that have no chose but to tent you can fuck off. Not all of them are like that, in fact most aren’t, the ones that do go to jail and just come out just as bad if not worse and nothing changes.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Let me provide a fun case study.
An old no-tell motel not too far from my work is being converted into affordable housing for the homeless.
An interfaith ministry bought it, and is working with local charities and the city to make it into a safe roof for the less fortunate.
The very same people who are complaining about “homeless camps” are now bitching about the homeless people…getting a home. Because they’re worried about it being “unsightly” or attracting crime.
People like this do not actually want to help. They’re not concerned about homelessness because of it being inhumane. They don’t actually want homeless people to be housed.
They want them eliminated. Either removed from their sight or simply left to die. It was never about the “right thing” for them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Imagine hating America and those who defend it while claiming to be a patriot.
Because these “red-blooded patriotic” folk that bitch about homeless people don’t seem to realize that a whooping 1/3rd of homeless people are military veterans.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Like I do.
By pretending.
In other news, tomorrow is election day for many states. For Ohio the big issues are about abortion and the legalization/regulation of marijuana.
Ohio’s not really about Dem v Rep this time around, but we will see if the “Liberal/progressive” momentum in voting from the last few years is still going strong. For voting across the states, this might be viewed as a referendum on the dissatisfaction on Biden’s refusal to rein in Israel, which has been tanking his approval ratings for the last month. His support among Arab-American are particularly in the gutters right now.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Mainstream media is spilling a fair bit of ink over a run of polling that seems to show Biden trailing Trump in several key swing states that he needs to win in 2024. Personally I don’t know enough about polling to know what to make of all this, but I do know that I don’t trust the horserace narrative that legacy media is positively addicted to. I’m also keenly aware that lying with polls and statistics is an art form.
@Zincy, you’re the resident expert on polling and electoral trends here. Got any thoughts on the matter?
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Let me provide a fun case study.
An old no-tell motel not too far from my work is being converted into affordable housing for the homeless.
An interfaith ministry bought it, and is working with local charities and the city to make it into a safe roof for the less fortunate.
The very same people who are complaining about “homeless camps” are now bitching about the homeless people…getting a home. Because they’re worried about it being “unsightly” or attracting crime.
People like this do not actually want to help. They’re not concerned about homelessness because of it being inhumane. They don’t actually want homeless people to be housed.
They want them eliminated. Either removed from their sight or simply left to die. It was never about the “right thing” for them.
I think something similar happened to an old Super 8 near BYU…at least for a while. Unfortunately, I think it’s even more BYU/UVU student housing now.
Now that I think of it, I think there was another old motel in Salt Lake City that got converted into affordable housing.
I am in favor of more old hotels and motels being converted into affordable housing, though.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I used to think that no one would really ever be the kind of evil that harms everyone as a whole just to damage a single group of people they hate but then I was hit with the reality of politics:
Background Pony #5C54
this might be viewed as a referendum on the dissatisfaction on Biden’s refusal to rein in Israel, which has been tanking his approval ratings for the last month.
I’m genuinely curious what sort of magic power the dissatisfied throngs believe he has that would allow him to dictate the actions of an entire other country. Or why, if they care so much about stopping what’s currently going on, they aren’t giving him more credit for the efforts his administration has already put into keeping the conflict from expanding, sending in humanitarian aid, and moving out evacuees.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
America is Israel’s biggest ally and defender. Israel is one of the top nations in the world in receiving aid, and a third of which comes from America. All of Israel’s neighbors hate them and would jump at the chance to wipe them off the map, it’s only thanks to their allies and especially America that they still exist. Even the UN has continuously tried to sanction or dial back Israel’s constant belligerence, yet America continued to defend them; up to and including singlehandedly shooting down a UN resolution to censure Israel. Yes, America even vetoes an attempt from the entire world to formally wag its finger at Israel.
As far as aid is concerned, AFAICT since the Oct 7 attack by Hamas America has sent Gaza $100 million in aid but just passed a bill to send $15 billion in aid to Israel.
Israel owes a lot to America, up to its continued existence. This means the word of the POTUS should hold a ton of weight.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Obama trailed Romney by 4-5% points in most polls around this time, and Bush trailed Kerry by about 2ish.
Polls this far out can be helpful to an incumbent by showing them where they are deficient, but shouldn’t be seen as prognosticative.
Make no mistake, they’re bad. But they’re bad in a way that should give dems insight on where they need to improve.
That being said, never doubt dems ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and never learn their fucking lessons.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
You know what would be funny? If the judge overlooking the stolen documents case with Trump ends up being canned due to obvious bias and disregard for the law and Trump losing both the case and a judge he appointed.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Today we will see if abortion continues to be a winning issue for dems. Ohio, Virginia, and New Jersey are specifically bellwethers for it.
Ohio is obvious, abortion is directly on the ballot. Ohio smashed early voting records in almost every district, and polling has been universally favorable for both issues. A broad plurality of voters support both.
Virginia, dems have put abortion front and center in the competitive senate and house races, almost all of which are suburban areas around VAs three most populous urban centers. Abortion and reproductive rights ranks as a firm second place in the mind of voters according to polls, and is #1 with women voters. The economy, education, and crime all rank in 1, 3, and 4 respectively. Dems have outraised and outspent reps in every competitive district, and have some in-built advantages. Republicans however have a popular governor, and have tried to confront the abortion issue in a slightly different way with their “15 week limit”. Polling indicates, however, that a vast majority of VA voters wants the abortion laws to either stay the same, or loosen, with only around 32% being in favor of tighter ones.
In NJ, while very few people are predicting Republicans flipping control of the legislature, they are looking to make gains and test the contours of democrats abortion messaging in states where it is unlikely that abortion will be restricted. Hoping that voter apathy on the issue will give them some breathing room.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ereiam
I mean, she did fuck up another trial by not having the jury slip give the option of saying the defendant is innocent if I recall correctly, so it may be she’s fired for incompetence and this trial will be the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Okay, quick vent. Per CNN
“Only a few states — all with relatively small populations — have statewide contests for elective offices this year. Virginia and New Jersey are holding elections for their state legislatures. “
You fucking what? Virginia and New Jersey are the 12th and 11th most populated states in the union.
I know it’s a small thing, but that’s some sloppy work.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Exit interviews are starting to trickle out.
Abortion, book bans, women’s rights, health care, and voting rights are some of the top contenders in terms of voter motivation according to a slate of interviews conducted in the competitive VA senate districts.
That’s pretty good news for dems but always keep in mind that the interviews are conducted randomly, and only represent a small portion of the days voters.
Turn out is lower than in 2019 and 2021, but higher than normal for the off year legislature.
Mail-in and early votes are down, but a majority of the state is under nice, warm, clear weather conditions so in person voting is predicted to be pretty high.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
So in case Israeli settlers aren’t cartoonishly evil enough, a bunch of them recently went to the Armenian quarter of Jerusalem and threatened the local Armenian community with death because of their resistance to a local land deal. Simply following their inner Turk🇹🇳🇹🇳🇹🇳🇹🇳🐺
The background to this story is that the Patriarchate of the Armenian church in Jerusalem signed a land deal with some investor to build some hotel in the very small armenian quarter. The local community protested because it both harms the local diversity of the city as well as evicting potentially many residents and maybe even historical buildings(we don’t have access to the inner workings of the deal but at least one guy and his family is affected). The patriarchate recently cancelled the deal, and the investor they sold it said “nope” and decided to start demolishing the area anyways. He then proceeded to haul his ass to the area with a pack of goons behind him and well, you can read the rest in the article.
Now the articles I’ve read on this do seem biased as most of them seem to be Armenian press or Arab press, but generally the details between them seem accurate enough, plus it does like up with reports of increasing violence against Armenians specifically and Christians broadly in the city
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
The guy who got hit in the head at an anti Israel rally in California has died, and it’s officially listed as a homicide by the medical examiner. And NBC is coming under fire for this headline even when it said in the article it was a homicide.

NBC - Nothing But Crap.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide