Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #7A74
You know, back in the ‘90s we had token wheelchair kids coming out of the woodwork. Burger King Kids’ Club, Extreme Ghostbusters, X-Men,… And we didn’t bitch about it because we weren’t a bunch of goddamn snowflakes. All this touchy-feely liberal crap didn’t stop us from winning the fucking Cold War, and it’s not gonna stop us from slapping China’s shit. So let the people who aren’t you have nice things. If you miss the old Tomb Raider, it still exists. Load up a PS1 emulator and get your low-poly boobage on.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@The Smiling Pony
Maybe part of the reason their stories are bad is because they’re putting more concern into making them diverse than into making the writing good?
It takes next to no effort or time to make a story “more diverse”.
It can only be an issue if you’re already just really bad at writing stories and simply follow some checklist to the letter like a dullard. But that’s a case where the story was already cursed from the start no matter what.
The new Star Wars movies wouldn’t have been any better or substantively different if Flin was a white guy, Rose was a hot petite white chick, and Rey were played by a Luke Skywalker proxy.
The things that made it (and others like it) bad weren’t a “diverse cast” or some sociopolitical messaging, it’s that it was a bad story with poor characterization, direction, and narrative cohesion. But explaining why those things are busted, or even understanding that they are, takes more effort than pointing at what’s visually clearly different from before (“more diversity”, “muh fascism is bad”) and blaming it on that.
Plus, the grifter effect.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Once the 16th amendment (enacting the federal individual income tax) passed in 1912, it was initially set on the first of March, but they quickly figured taxpayers needed more that two months to fully account for their incomes and deductions over the past year, so they pushed it back to March 15 in 1919.
Finally, when Congress revised the Internal Revenue Code in 1954, the deadline was also pushed back once more to April 15 (for the IRS’s convenience as much as the taxpayers’), where it’s been stuck for 70 years now.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump stock has fallen to just over $26 a share.
It hasn’t even been a month and the stock is already worth about a third of when it started.
AaronMk
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Whatever, man. I don’t have time for semantics right now, as I’m at work at my $30k-ish factory job where my rate is likely under the 40% average rate.
Bro I’m making more than you and between taxes and benefits I only get 20% taken off stop taking all the deductions you suck at taxes
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Why are you being so aggro, damn.
Because if you’re making a 40% tax rate the centerpiece of your political identity it’s not society’s problem it’s literally a you problem. You need to fix something on some forms and get it fixed. That is a majority of all tax season fuck ups. Number one is you’re claiming more than zero deductions (and even then not playing money games to cover the difference between your real rate and the bizzaro rate you’re paying).
For all the conservative memes about it, this is unironically a skill taught in schools. Just not as directly as they would like. But they teach us math and organization skills. Taxes is just arithmetic and doing the forms right.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Then don’t make assumptions like that. If you just assume stuff blindly, you’re making an “ass” out of “u” and “me.”
You’re here complaining about how people making 590k a year are paying “almost 40%” of their income in taxes. Which, for someone in the same bracket and economic class is incredibly bizarre that you would go so far out of your way to position yourself as an ally of someone who would own several used car dealerships and be apart of the mileau allowing them to reduce their tax burden through clever legal tricks.
Background Pony #F6E5
@AaronMk
Dude, you’re clearly acting like a jerk and trying sound like you’re the most intelligent person while talking down to Goku Black.
Jeez. Retrain yourself, man.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
You were complaining about a 40% average rate when the top marginal rate (which only applies to the fraction of income of a single taxpayer over $578,125 — $693,751 for married couples filing jointly) stops at 37%. I have no idea what dumbass libertarian “taxation-is-theft”-type source put that figure in your head, but they were either full of shit or just bad at taxes.
No one’s paying 40% of their income in taxes (even the top 0.01% — people making more than a million a year — only pay an average rate of 34.2% over their total income), and certainly not you (a $30k income would put you in the 12% bracket, with an effective rate under 11.5%) so we don’t get what you’re complaining about (if it was solidarity with the people in the top bracket — people who, need I remind you, make at least 20 times as much as you —, it was misplaced since, more often than not, their tax accountants manage to make them pay even less through the creative use of loopholes).
Speaking of taxation, here’s Mark Cuban making it a point of pride of paying his fair share (and taking a potshot at Trump by the way):
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide