Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Sergei Shoigu has been replaced as Russian Defence Minister, a former Deputy Prime Minister and Economist Andrei Belousov has been selected to replace him(Shoigu will still hold positions in Government)
I don’t expect anything great from him but can’t be any worse than fucking Shoigu
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Commune
Is this good news or bad news? On the one hand, more competent Russians surely don’t help Ukraine. On the other hand, the shake-up could stall their initiative.
On the weird mutant Kuato hand, I’m not sure how much the Defence Minister even matters in Putin’s org chart.
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Background Human
I don’t have a dog in this fight but Shoigu was very fucking corrupt so if this guy is even like, 2% less corrupt, he’s a massive improvement for Russian Armed Forces
Considering how corruption is endemic in the Russian Government from one branch to another however, the new guy probably will siphon off money from the defense budget as well, he isn’t a new arrival, the man has been part of the Russian Government for years before this appointment, so he likely has his hands in the cookie jar as well
And yes Defense Minister matters in Russia, I don’t see how it wouldn’t
Background Pony #F6E5
@Commune
I’ve been overhearing that because of this, it could cause a coup somewhere down the road. I’m not so sure about it to be honest.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In other news, ex-Trump aide and manager of Project 2025 announced that he likes to drive around and give fake money to homeless people, so that when they use it they get arrested.
“So I always keep this fake Hollywood money in my car,” McEntee said in the video posted last week by The Right Stuff, a dating site for rightwingers of which McEntee is a co-founder.
“So when a homeless person asks for money, then I give them like a fake $5 bill. So I feel good about myself. They feel good. And then when they go to use it, they get arrested. So I’m actually like helping clean up the community, you know, getting them off the street.”
The video included a caption: “Just a joke. Everyone calm down.”
The cruelty is the point.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
From Article:
Section 230, the legal backbone of the internet, is under attack again. This time, it is from a bipartisan pair of legislators who seem to fundamentally misunderstand how the law works and what the consequences of repealing it would be.
We’ve talked about plenty of attempts to reform Section 230, and why all of them would be problematic. But, now we have a bipartisan attempt to repeal it outright. Republican Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Democrat Frank Pallone, who are the top Republican and Democrat on the House Energy & Commerce Committee, have announced a draft bill to “sunset” Section 230.
It’s perhaps no surprise that Rodgers and Pallone don’t understand Section 230. The one hearing they held on the matter was packed only with witnesses who hate Section 230, and included multiple witnesses who flat out had no clue what they were talking about, to an embarrassing degree.
When you are only informed by ignorance, the policy proposals you come out with are going to be ignorant.
The bill does nothing more than say that Section 230 no longer exists after December 31, 2025.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
Thanks.
@Zincy
But will he be charged and arrested for it is the question.
@CaptainXtra
What does that section do again? My only memory of it was someone using it as an excuse on why Kick shouldn’t be responsible for what the people they pay to be on their streaming site’s actions, no matter how much they encourage it.
Commune

🚙
So the guys who was the figurehead of the GameStop Jan 21 short squeeze has recently come back from internet hibernation and posted a tweet on Twitter and this has caused GameStop to spike
If people are smart, they would be shorting GameStop instead of buying more shares
Shorting GameStop is looking like a more and more tempting thing for me to do at this point…
omeggga
Non-Fungible Trixie -

<-Unironic jpg avatar
@Meanlucario
I’m hedging on this cart to be totally honest. Sites are going to do everything under the sun, promote every viewpoint to make everything as shocking as possible to drive up retention? Something needed to be done yesterday.
Is this repeal the right course of action? Personally I think not, but at some point someone needs to convince these tech giants to actually make a genuine effort in policing their shit.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Meanlucario
Without section 230 there is no user generated content on the internet. That includes posting in threads or writing reviews on products, never mind art or game mods or whatever else. It would mean all user content has to be pre-approved before it’s posted, because if it’s posted it means it’s the site that’s saying it.
Without getting into a lot of examples, the short of it is the internet can’t exist without it. It would just be a sterile collection of company websites, basically an interactive mall kiosk.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Section 230 already provides the exception that a platform must reasonably moderate their website and not allow it to fester into a Twitter-style cesspool, what it otherwise does is prevent abuses of the system, such as one party hyper-focusing on one kind of content being pushed on a platform while collaborators flood it with relevant spam to provide examples.
Without it, things would simply devolve into which party has the bigger troll farm supporting them.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Poison Trail
You never looked at Kick than. Even Youtube has people filming their own crimes for views. It needs to be updated to take into account how much power these platforms have, and how little they care about regulating themselves.
omeggga
Non-Fungible Trixie -

<-Unironic jpg avatar
Without it, things would simply devolve into which party has the bigger troll farm supporting them.
As I see it we’ve been at that point for nearly a decade.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Meanlucario
Without section 230 there is no user generated content on the internet. That includes posting in threads or writing reviews on products, never mind art or game mods or whatever else. It would mean all user content has to be pre-approved before it’s posted, because if it’s posted it means it’s the site that’s saying it.
Without getting into a lot of examples, the short of it is the internet can’t exist without it. It would just be a sterile collection of company websites, basically an interactive mall kiosk.
This! This is why Section 230 must continue to exist. Let’s not throw out the baby with the bathwater.
omeggga
Non-Fungible Trixie -

<-Unironic jpg avatar
@The Smiling Pony
AFAIK that’s not as big an issue anymore, given how even youtube could analize their content to look for copyrighted material, and AI application is only making these processes more efficient.
Not saying it wouldn’t suck, but I just don’t see this as a genuine problem tbh.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@omeggga
It’s not just copyrighted material, it’s everything.
If someone in a news article comment section says “Hey, Senator Armstrong fucked my dog”, then Mr. Armstrong can sue the newspaper for libel, even if they deleted the comment within minutes. Same if it’s something on Twitter or some guy’s tiny forum about persian cats.
The result is either comments (and other UGC) are disabled entirely (suck), or are pre-screened (absurdly expensive, still a risk, and never mind the implications of who decides what how).
The risk of massive exposure is just too great, no company or individual is going to accept it so they’d just not and let the internet die.
omeggga
Non-Fungible Trixie -

<-Unironic jpg avatar
@The Smiling Pony
I think that’s a massive overreach. Even if we assume your scenario is acurate, which would entail at least a few systems failing to detect profanity at the very least, the newspaper could most likely settle for simply removing the comment. I mean, people in Russia get arrested for “inappropriate posts” all the time and the internet still goes on as “normal”.
If you’re really worried about online discourse dying as I am… well… I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should really look up the “dead internet” theory.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m once again reminded of this article covering how hard it is to have a so-called “Free speech” platform worldwide currently and how fucked Elon is by having taken over one that was already tethering on a fine balance and pushed it towards the far right.
It already talks about the insane EU law that requires companies to offer up literal hostages that live in the country itself and can be targeted by the government for retribution and how places like India are looking enviously at it. Now add upon all of that shit that any jackass in the US can nitpick something that can be said by anyone on the website and start up the process of suing the place. Just the moderation team necessary to address the swarm of requests that will be generated by bots and trolls alone will be enough to skyrocket expenses.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide