Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan
Ruining House by making him some generic villain instead of the amoral eccentric he was, and making even more player choices invalid is not something to celebrate,
@Zincy
It’s one of the oldest and most loathed theories, Vaulttec was supposed to be a puppet of the enclave that was supposed to study human adaptation to space, it being a grand conspiracy instead of just random human nature undermines many themes of the series,
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

So I decided to see what’s the hype about MaxTac, the dreaded chromed-up elite riot units specialized in taking down dangerous cyberpsychos.
Flatlined me in ten seconds. I wasn’t ready. They came in a squad of four and each one is a miniboss. Hits hard and soaks up damage like a sponge.
Second time around I had to cheese the game and exploit the stealth / unaware takedown mechanic; the game doesn’t care how beefy a humanoid enemy is. The takedown is insta-kill. To execute the takedown the enemy needs to be stunned or unaware, so I was just spamming stunning attacks and getting behind them hoping the “Grab” prompt shows up.
Any straight up firefights will melt me fast, since my current build is not specced for tanking bullets.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@Mikey
Thats… the exact point I was trying to make. Fallout was niche when 1 and 2 came out (alongside the shitty spinoffs), but as soon as 3 turned the series into a mainstream hit, that’s when the fans started bitching at each other.
Fallout 1 and 2 weren’t particularly niche and sold very well, not as well as anyone hoped, but were award winning and released early in a period where RPGs were experiencing a revival. They only appear as niche because the Gaming market, especially the PC gaming market wasn’t as it was then as it is today, and console gaming wasn’t as robust as it would be by fourth generation consoles.
The main failure going for Fallout 1 was that it released during the same year as Diablo 2, which despite a weak first period of sales (180,000 to Fallout 1s 600,000), Diablo 2 would launch into 1,000,000 by year’s end
EDIT - Because I checked and it’s funny in this framework: if the trifecta of games that brought about a Renaissance in the computer RPG genre was Diablo-Fallout-Baldur’s Gate, then Baldur’s Gate was the most niche game having sales of just over 50,000 and taking a couple months to get to 500,000 despite critical praise.
And here we are with BD3
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Low-key want to imagine that there’s a place in Fallout China so infiltrated by Deathclaws because of covert American activities or American withdrawal from the area leaving them behind as their equivalent of salting the Earth that it produces an entire area where most of everyone is some sort of Wuxia in a modern since, a Qiāngxia just to deal with the problem while also carrying on as normal.
But so far no writer for Fallout has confirmed that the Deathclaws were ever deployed and the only existing population is in America and descended from early lab and captive populations being used to breed any Deathclaws they were intended to use
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I mean each game keeps finding new and increasingly contrived reasons for why there are super mutants in that location at that time, so it’s possible they can wave away a reason for Chinese Deathclaws.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
I mean each game keeps finding new and increasingly contrived reasons for why there are super mutants in that location at that time, so it’s possible they can wave away a reason for Chinese Deathclaws.
It’s more there’s a black hole at the moment so it wouldn’t be super hard to fill it. Literally encounter a computer log or a surviving pre-war go, “yea when we had to retreat from Shenyang during the war we just left behind a bunch of these bad boys. I think about that every day.”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Man I wish. Just take one of the 3 established east coast super mutants and say they just migrated to [Insert Setting Here].
It’d be better than saying there’s a 4th east coast origin location that just happened to also create a rather specific type of mutant.
Background Pony #1EB5
Some things are shoehorned in, like the BOS and super mutants but Bethesda do make lore and explain how and why something is where it is. Would like to see some new things though.
New F76 expansion looks interesting. New region on the world map.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
You people keep yapping about the ncr dying off but for real they were swearling around the hole even if you do everything for them in nv.
Hell even back in the van Buren days the writers were planing on killing them off.
It just bad becuse Bethesda is doing it I guess.
Background Pony #1EB5
@Angrybrony
It really sucks they are gone. Was a chance to advance the setting a little, past just junktowns and BOS. Also NV had excellent writing and voice acting.
No-bark Noonan lives on in our memes and hearts.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
Come on game, I’m fighting motherfucking Darth Vader. I already know I’m not going to win, so can we cut the rigmarole and actually move on with the story?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Things are shaping Stellar Blade up to be a certain demographic’s favoritest game ever.
All it needs to do now, is to not fuck up.
Stellar Blade doesn’t need to be stellar, it just needs to work properly, runs smoothly, and to feel like a finished game. The rest will take care of itself.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide