Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@RepentantAnon
On the right hoof, that would be wonderful for “why the hay is this tagged Rainbow Dash?”; on the left, who would use it for tagging? It’s the same problem that’s shut down my proposals for improved tagging in the past.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@RepentantAnon
I like this idea. Think about those yearly collab images, and people asking “where’s my OC?”. Just hover over your OC tag and the site shows it to you.
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
For years and years, I’ve wished I could attach short notes to my tag change sets, explaining why I did the changes.
Background Pony #2A5F
@JP
It is weird that posts have changelogs, but tag edits don’t. When I want to add a justification to my changes, I usually add a comment to the image. But this is spam for regular image-viewing purposes, while normal comments are spam for tag editing purposes. No one reads multiple pages of “this is so cute” comments before changing tags.
Yay295

Re-requesting the ability to search source_url history.
I’ve come across multiple cases where I’m trying to find an image from an old dead URL, and searching for that URL doesn’t find anything. But if I do a bit more digging and find the image on Derpibooru, I then sometimes see that the old URL I was originally searching for is there in the source history.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Blissful690
Please note that avatars that break our rules, including Rules #0, #5, or #7, will be removed. So, if this is because of a couple particularly inciting or antagonistic, or utterly forbidden on our site, or not safe, please report it and we will take care of it.
Background Pony #A7D5
I think the ‘anatomically correct’ tag description should be changed because right now it says “anatomically correct horse vulva” when in reality it should be any part of a horse that has been drawn anatomically correct, including horse penises because we want the viewer to know that it was drawn anatomically correct
Background Pony #0F89
Namespaces should be an actual set of possibilities, rather than just anything that precedes the first colon. (star trek and godzilla aren’t meant to be namespaces.)
Actually, it seems like there is a list, but I’m not sure what it’s used for.
The list of namespaces, categories, namespace-to-category relations, and other properties seems like it ought to be data, not hard-coded.
Sff
Inspiration Manifestation - For Patreon supporters
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! -

What does it mean?!?
Making the creation date of Galleries visible in some way would be nice. Feels weird that it is tracked but not visible since you can sort gallery searches by it.
TwilyInSocks

Lurker
I don’t know if this has been suggested before, or if it’s already possible, but I’d really like to be able to get a random image with a certain minimum score. Better yet, a minimum score that I can change. EVEN better, a “random” search operator that I can add to any query to get a random image from the results, rather than all results.
Sff
Inspiration Manifestation - For Patreon supporters
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! -

What does it mean?!?
@TwilyInSocks
The “Random Image” button both already exists, and it takes your current query into account, both on search pages, on image pages opened from a search and on image pages opened through the “Random Image” button
Background Pony #0F89
To sort images by most recent comment date might be interesting, is that feasible?
That, or the ability to filter comments search by properties of the image they are for, other than building a ridiculous list of (image_id:# || image_id:# || image_id:#) from an image search conducted separately…
moonchosen
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

How about special notifications for when someone is replying directly to your comment as opposed to when they’re just replying to a post/thread you’re subscribed to?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

I appreciate that attempting to edit a comment on an image where the comments have been locked just redirects to the front page; that’s a nice feature.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide