Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

quality control and indiscriminate uploading

Site and Policy » quality control and indiscriminate uploading Search Posts
Background Pony #3EA7
how’s the vibe towards those who indiscriminately upload everything from a gallery/photo album?

i figure this 3 post discussion will end with “quality is subjective” and “it’s up to the culture of the users on this site”, but i guess personally i just like to upload images that i think are worth sharing.  
i never imagined others would be so eager to bother sharing images they don’t particularly like themselves.

does this thread boil down to what purpose derpibooru serves?
shyflutter
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

These are mostly uploaded by background ponies. I’d seen a message from Clover on imposing to have an account for uploading, in order to prevent malicious uploads. I think this solution would have a positive effect on quality control as well.
Background Pony #3EA7
and all them duplicates popping up lately  
then the uploader rejects the duplicate  
then you can’t point out it’s a duplicate because it’s already rejected
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@Background Pony  
Only moderators and administrators can reject duplicate reports; uploaders, mods and admins can accept them. If you think a dupe report was handled incorrectly you can always make a new one - you can have duplicate duplicate reports on an image.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide