Site is very slow, 404 nginx errors

barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

For about at least the last 30 hours, the site is all of a sudden very slow for me. Page load times of over 10 seconds are not uncommon, and sometimes it just gives me a nginx “404 not found” error. It worked fine up to 2 days ago.

Once in a while it loads quick, but I can just refresh the page a couple of times and I’ll hit a slow one or 404 in no time. I have this problem both on my Linux/Firefox 21 which I usually use, but also when I tested it in a brand-new installed Windows XP VM with both a stock Firefox 21 as well as Opera 12.15  
Thumbnails usually take ages to load, the big picture on the page itself often too.

It’s not limited to just pictures, it’s the entire booru doing this, including the forums, userprofiles, and even the donate page.  
Other sites load fine all the time, and 404’s are like a really bad thing in the first place, so what is going on? I waited with creating this topic to see whether it was perhaps some server thing yesterday, but it’s still doing it so there.

EDIT: I should probably add that it makes the site pretty close to unusable.  
EDIT2: I got another 404 when clicking the Post reply button to edit my comment the first time…  
EDIT3: clicking View Versions does show that it came through though.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
The site should be returning to normal now; we’re trying out a new set of application servers as part of this restoration, but Trixie was out of service for over a day. Apologies, but should be better now. We’ll be continuing to tweak things over the next day or two.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

The site is working for me but for some reason when I try to look at the images tagged spoiler:equestria girls it keeps giving me an error message.  
Update Edit: I managed to get around it by turning off the spoiler setting for that tag.
barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

Everything seems fine again here. I can’t comment on the equestria girls spoiler thing because I’ve hidden that tag anyway.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pomegranates :P
The site isn’t lagging for me. But certain images won’t show. The page would load as usual, the image just won’t show no matter how many times I refresh. Is this a server sided problem or mine?
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Lord and Saviour
Server-side. You may want to disable server-side scaling in your user preferences. We’re making changes to improve the site performance, as ever.
Background Pony #2B4B
well the 404s seem to be gone, but now all the images (aside from thumbnails) are broken.
Clover the Clever

Lord and Saviour
This should now be fixed. We’re tweaking the behaviour of image display on image pages to accommodate slightly more efficient (server-side) ways of rescaling content in future.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide