MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@Zabilac
It’s funny, because it’s kind of like how I feel about seasons 4 and 5 of FiM (one is more consistent, while the other has higher highs, but also lower “lows”) - I feel like the songs of TYT are more consistent, overall, but a good portion of my favorite post-ANG G5 songs come from MYM.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mr.Myoozik
I too like to look at both generations as their own thing. I really only think of FiM while watching the G5 shows when I see G4 references. Watching anything as its own thing regardless of its connections to something else always increases my enjoyment.
Posted Report
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
The other day I came across some tweets.That make me think that people say G5 isn’t canon because it went against G4 itself went against. Princess Celestia’s pink mane.
Also constituing g5 is still supposed to be its own thing even if connected to g4, Not being canon would just make it a parallel timeline
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
That misconception still persists to this day, unfortunately. Celestia did not actually have pink hair when she was a filly, that comes from the depiction of her in the book in the pilot. The flashback in FiM’s Season 4 premiere with her banishing Nightmare Moon, something that happens in the book, while she had rainbow hair proves that the book is just stylizing her hair as pink, it wasn’t actually that color.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
There’s also the Equestrian flag from Hearth’s Warming Eve.
According to this…Celestia’s mane is green while Luna’s is purple. Yeah, definitely sticking to what I said about stylized depictions regardless of what others may say.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Actually, while we’re on the topic, according to The Journal of the Royal Sisters, Celestia and Luna learned “The Royal Canterlot Voice” from other alicorns. This happens before the founding of Equestria, and it seems to imply that Celestia and Luna grew up in Canterlot.
In Castle Mane-ia, Twilight says that The Castle of The Pony Sisters is “thousands” (plural) of years old.
I think after awhile, you sort of repress just how inconsistent the lore was.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide