MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #A781
When I analyze all generations of MLP each one has the vibe of the animations they have at the time, so it’s something similar to what I say about Equestria girls g5 which wouldn’t be the same thing as what they think it would be
Background Pony #7ABB
Dear Tell Your Tale
Please stop teasing things then do absolutely nothing with them
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@CloudMistDragon
In general I’d recommend anyone for whom MLP is something they have an above-average interest in that they become familiar with pre-G4 material.
Not necessarily because I think they’d be missing out on hidden gems (though there are some of those), but because it provides an important context of the franchise up to that point. Particularly to those who approach criticism of G5 with comparison to G4, unaware of what FiM itself does in comparison to prior Gens.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
I agree with that. I may have only watched a bit of the earlier generations (a bit of Tales, G3, and G3.5), but I should probably watch some more of them, and not just to answer the question of, “Is pre-G4 MLP really that bad?”. I also feel it would help me understand the later generations more like you’re alluding to.
Also, the video I mentioned earlier is out now.
And just wondering…did anyone here really think Zipp was going to become a queen?! XD
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@CloudMistDragon
Huh interesting I almost dont want to watch if I will get spoilered. I guess I had my own ideas of what I wanted out of G5 when the movie came out.
But if it really is as good this guy, who I’ve known existed awhile, says than maybe I really should give g5 another looksie.
Is it a good review you’d say? I might watch it just to see.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And just wondering…did anyone here really think Zipp was going to become a queen?! XD
I’ve said it before but her character arc ends in 1 of 2 way: she abdicates her succession to Pipp, or she realizes that she doesn’t have to be the same kind of queen as her mother.
The former is the most obvious path, and one that’s pretty much also a perfect end for Pipp. The latter is the one a couple character bios and comics seem to be foreshadowing.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
A bit much? If this person feels Hasbro is wasting G5’s potential, that’s a valid opinion, we can agree to disagree. Plenty of people thought Hasbro was wasting G4’s potential too, and while I understand people being tired of complaints about Hasbro mishandling MLP, it’s not like there was anything rude about what was said.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Written in the Starscouts for me so far. And thank you for understanding.
@Dustcan
I guess I should clarify the context, some people apparently thought Queen Zipp was going to be a thing in MYM. Even if they actually do end up making her a queen…I thought it was very obvious that Zipp becoming a queen or at least “accepting her destiny to become a queen” wasn’t going to happen in MYM. Everything about the show portrayed her as a rebel who made it clear from the start that she didn’t want to go back to Zephyr Heights and prepare to be a ruler.
Applepie2010

Nostalgia Nerd
I may have only watched a bit of the earlier generations (a bit of Tales, G3, and G3.5), but I should probably watch some more of them
Same
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I don’t trust Pipp to keep Zephyr Heights stable for even a week.
Who said Pipp was the only other candidate? If Alphabittle and Haven marry, Pipp and Zipp get themselves a new stepsister. ;)
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
Just stepsister. A half-sister is a sister who was born to one blood parent of yours. A stepsister is a sister who came into your family by the marriage of a parent of hers with one of your parents, that would be Misty with her having no blood relation to Haven at all. If they go for that, it would make sense. Misty’s already very popular, so making her a princess and then the ruler of Zephyr Heights would be logical steps to boost her popularity even further.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Jonny Manz
Cause friends are family!
@CloudMistDragon
This would technically be unpopular opinion given what some call the and in the least offensive way I can put it, the oversaturation of coloured protagonists. Misty has gotten way too much attention and of all comic characters to put into animation which they never do at all until recently, they picked Violette. Not Vorak, not those chimeric templars, not even the decent Radiant Hope, or the other canon not-Zecora zebras, but Violette.
river mines

Misty is incredible but her as queen would be a disaster, she just came out of the last hell, imagine having to deal with the pressure of being the successor of an entire nation? I think the most likely thing would be for Apha and Haven to have a new child.
but that’s a G4 error, not a G5 error
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide