Shipping Thread

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Meanlucario
Meh I like rarepairs, they are niche and unique. I was more meaning main characters, like a male main character is introduced so people just have to pair him with every girl character regardless of if it’s good or not lol
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
ok but this doesn’t really happen? having a huge amount of Lesbian ships is pretty common since we just have a ton more female characters… but even then rarely do next gens actively try to make everyone gay <.<
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
That’s because the m6 all have the most interactions and close dynamic with each other tbf.
Meanwhile as soon as Big Mac was introduced, every single m6 started to get tons of ship art with him, and the FlutterMac crowd is still busy even with minimal content.
No shade to peoples ships ofc
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
we’re talking about shipping idk where the miscommunication is ?
LoreJuniper said people ship bland ships just to pair everyone up straight.
You said this would also happen if you tried pairing everyone in gay ships too.
So I said that that’s not really a thing that happens, no one goes out of their way to ship exclusively only gay ships.
I mean it doesn’t matter eitherway, just clarifying
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@eqq_scremble
I disagree. It at least feels like to me that some do go after having everyone in a vastly majority gay pairings. I mean, there’s a reason the tag Magical Lesbian Spawn is a thing on this site.
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
We weren’t talking vast majority tho.
We were talking EXCLUSIVELY.
Because there is plenty people who only ship straight ships.
But most people who have majority gay ships still include straight ships.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Meanlucario
Lemme show what i mean:
For example lets use Hitch. Immediately he was paired with every girl mc bc ynow new male (ik every character was paired, but he was especially so disregarding actual character dynamics and interesting pairings).
Lets use Pitch for the example (pipp x hitch), it used to be the most popular hitch ship, even tho technically he didnt have any interaction with her. In the movie he danced to one of her songs and they both agreed on something. Not much to go off of. TLDR thats what im talking about with it. Like now its a ship i can see since there was a great tyt episode about the 2 which clearly shows off thier dynamic and why theyd be a cute pairing. Now i like pitch alot, bc i actually see their dynamic and such.
(admittedly i feel this way for alot of hitch ships lol)
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Meanlucario
The reason is bc there arent many prominent male characters in the show, and strong characters at that. We have spike, a baby who is emasulated alot. Big mac, sibling and silent type. Shining, already married. Sunburst is the only one that would be major enough and not be emasuclated alot.
People still find a way to be straight anyway, theres soooo many next gens where every m6 is paired with a random fuckall male just so it isnt gay lol
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
well more power to you obviously you focus on what you enjoy n that’s fair.
Some people think that all mane six have fun ship dynamics with each other or others.
And you don’t see that for some of them, or don’t care to ship them.
Both of those are valid ways to enjoy horse content imo.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@LoreJuniper
I feel like those are the people who care more about seeing what combinations they can make than are actually interested in the ships (and it’s not limited to straight pairs, as the tags Magical Lesbian/Gay Spawn shows).
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
I feel like you shouldn’t judge other people like that tbh
Just because you don’t see the merit in a ship that someone else is passionate about, doesn’t mean it’s not valid or doesn’t work for anyone.
Not saying that there isn’t low effort ships (both gay and het) but painting with broad strokes is usually a bad idea.
“Majority gay ships are just trying out random combinations” or “most poly ships are just indecisive people slapping characters together” Are both pretty limiting stances that aren’t very fair to people who care a lot about their gay/poly/rare ships.
Like Juniper said too, the “bland straight ship” comes up a lot because people fully ship main characters with bg characters or ocs just so they can make every character straight which can feel pretty awkward.
Again you can ship whatever you like ofc.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@eqq_scremble
I think you misread my point. It was that it sounded like those shippers cared more about making next-gen of the main cast rather than the characters they are shipping. My notes are focused on the next-gen as well, but that’s after I decided who I was shipping already.
@LoreJuniper
Discord/Celestia, as I said before.
Posted Report
eqq_scremble
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Applecord man
@Meanlucario
I don’t think that’s a misunderstanding ? I’m telling you not to assume peoples intensions without knowing.
They might care about those ships a lot, that’s my whole point.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide