Seaponies: Yay or Neigh?

Background Pony #F33F
@Ihhh  
To be more fair,there is no way to know (at this stage) how they’re going to do it and if they will mange to pull out this part of the movie correctly.It’s exactly like you said in your other comment:it’s about people jumping to conclusion
Background Pony #A662
I don’t like the transformations. My reason is: I don’t. Personal preference. You can disagree, I don’t really care.
ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

And you seem to be implying that the easiest established solution to a problem is not the solution they should take because a more difficult solution would be much more fun, which makes no sense, and in fact it would be incredibly frustrating for them to take a more difficult solution when there is a much easier solution available, and it would bog down the pacing and seem pointless. I know you probably didn’t mean that, but that’s what it sounded like.

Nnnot quite what I mean! I mean that a good narrative shouldn’t simply invent straw men elements for the heroes of the story to simply push over, because that’s terribly boring and more than a little insulting to your audience. It’s also just as frustrating (and boring) for the the audience as it would by making everything needlessly difficult.

Conflict and creating a resolution is what drives every good story. If a story is doing a fantastic job, it can make the audience accept nearly any resolution at all to a given conflict because it shows the audience why it was absolutely necessary for events to happen a particular way.

If a story does a poor job of showing why resolving a conflict a certain way was necessary, it can feel boring/cheap/annoying/nonsensical/frustrating/etc.

Some people want the ponies to be ponies, and to face their problems as ponies. As long as the story does a very convincing job showing why any given resolution has to be that way, then fewer people will have issues. Hence, if the movie does not show why it’s absolutely necessary, a species transformation definitely runs the risk of feeling “cheap”.

All that said, I think there’s no harm in people voicing their concerns. It’s not hurting anything at all.
Ihhh
Duck - Likes to sockpuppet for drama
Duck - 1104243, just... 1104243

<<<<<
Nnnot quite what I mean! I mean that a good narrative shouldn’t simply invent straw men elements for the heroes of the story to simply push over, because that’s terribly boring and more than a little insulting to your audience. It’s also just as frustrating (and boring) for the the audience as it would by making everything needlessly difficult.

YOu seem to have conveniently ignored the part where I said that the mane six have transformed before, so your point is moot.

Conflict and creating a resolution is what drives every good story. If a story is doing a fantastic job, it can make the audience accept nearly any resolution at all to a given conflict because it shows the audience why it was absolutely necessary for events to happen a particular way.
If a story does a poor job of showing why resolving a conflict a certain way was necessary, it can feel boring/cheap/annoying/nonsensical/frustrating/etc.

This is true, but I see no reason to worry about the latter, because the show almost never has that problem.

Some people want the ponies to be ponies, and to face their problems as ponies. As long as the story does a very convincing job showing why any given resolution has to be that way, then fewer people will have issues. Hence, if the movie does not show why it’s absolutely necessary, a species transformation definitely runs the risk of feeling “cheap”.

Ok, but again, we’ve already seen them transform, and people are already complaining without any basis.

All that said, I think there’s no harm in people voicing their concerns. It’s not hurting anything at all.

That’s not what they’re doing. What they’re doing is whining for stupid reasons, getting angry over a conclusion they jumped to, and assuming it won’t work, and when people complain about something ahead of time, they almost never care how it’s actually executed when it does happen and instead, just complain about it happening at all and find excuses to dislike it. Not to mention it ruins the fun for people who just want to be excited about the movie and doesn’t want to have to deal with childish negativity.
ArrJaySketch
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

…..

Oooookay, moving on.

My wife and I watched Rescue at Midnight Castle awhile back, and we couldn’t help but notice that absolutely no one had anything to say to Megan and Applejack after they were rescued by the seaponies.

We like to imagine that a conversation post seapony rescue went something like this:

APPLEJACK: “Did any of you see that? I’ve never seen anything like that in my life!”
OTHERS: “Applejack, what are you talking about?”
APPLEJACK: “Those fish-seapony things! Didn’t see them?”
OTHERS: “See who, Applejack?”
APPLEJACK: “The Seaponies!!”
OTHERS: “What are you talking about? I just saw you and Megan get out of the water. Nothing else.”

….and then the movie continues, with no mention of them ever again.

So, that after telling my dear friend HelicityPoni our little story, she sketched this:

full

I like to imagine that AJ was still adamant her whole life about what she saw that day.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide