Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Starlight Glimmer- What is the opinion of her still?

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Background Pony #E699":](/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=5094049#post_5094049
[bq="Background
) Pony 

>
#E699"] Also, am I forgetting an episode. When does Starlight use time travel spells? The spell she used on Sunburst seemed to be either an age spell or an illusion spell. I didn't get the sense that she time traveled at all. [/bq]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Starlight would be _*extremely_* hard-pressed to bring herself to _*ever_* do a time travel spell again, especially past S6 where she's more secure in her lot in life, unless it involved an "it literally can't get any worse" situation. There was no hourglass visual effect in Uncommon Bond, like in Cutie Re-Mark (nor did some gateway to some area in the past appear), nor did the effect resemble Twilight's accidentally creating a time loop by trying to warn herself to not worry in the past. It's especially odd considering you'd think _*Sunburst_* would be mentioned as being directly worried due to the risk of damaging the timeline, if there was any at all whatsoever.

Starlight gave up the nanosecond she understood he was frustrated. It's not really her trying to assert power over him by any stretch, or any attempt at malice, that's just her lackluster at times ability to read people failing her until he's literally yelling at her.

"

[
@Star Seeker":](/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=5094050#post_5094050
[bq]
)  

>
I just don't like people making stuff up or ignoring critical information when criticizing things.[/bq]

Pretty much. Another annoying thing I've seen happen is when they horribly misremember information, like someone claiming that Cadance and Shining Armor's entire source of power came from the Crystal Heart, then asking me if I even watched the show ~%and unsubbing before I responded.~

%

It's kind of interesting how some people became obsessed with ELTSD, wouldn't let it go to the very end... when that's kinda what Starlight did as part of her catalyst to becoming a villain, let one major event in her backstory drive her (even if there were other factors), because she couldn't let go of the past, and couldn't properly move forward.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"@Background Pony #E699":/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=5094049#post_5094049
[bq="Background Pony #E699"] Also, am I forgetting an episode. When does Starlight use time travel spells? The spell she used on Sunburst seemed to be either an age spell or an illusion spell. I didn't get the sense that she time traveled at all. [/bq]
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Starlight would be _extremely_ hard-pressed to bring herself to _ever_ do a time travel spell again, especially past S6 where she's more secure in her lot in life, unless it involved an "it literally can't get any worse" situation. There was no hourglass visual effect in Uncommon Bond, like in Cutie Re-Mark (nor did some gateway to some area in the past appear), nor did the effect resemble Twilight's accidentally creating a time loop by trying to warn herself to not worry in the past. It's especially odd considering you'd think _Sunburst_ would be mentioned as being directly worried due to the risk of damaging the timeline, if there was any at all whatsoever.

Starlight gave up the nanosecond she understood he was frustrated. It's not really her trying to assert power over him by any stretch, or any attempt at malice, that's just her lackluster at times ability to read people failing her until he's literally yelling at her.

"@Star Seeker":/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=5094050#post_5094050
[bq]I just don't like people making stuff up or ignoring critical information when criticizing things.[/bq]

Pretty much. Another annoying thing I've seen happen is when they horribly misremember information, like someone claiming that Cadance and Shining Armor's entire source of power came from the Crystal Heart, then asking me if I even watched the show ~and unsubbing before I responded.~

It's kind of interesting how some people became obsessed with ELTSD, wouldn't let it go to the very end... when that's kinda what Starlight did as part of her catalyst to becoming a villain, let one major event in her backstory drive her (even if there were other factors), because she couldn't let go of the past, and couldn't properly move forward.
No reason given
Edited by AC97