Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I dont really like Fluttershy’s portrayal in Flutter Brutter. I think they made her too assertive and headstrong. I know character development, but I think they didn’t have to go so far. I think it would have more in character for Fluttershy to be more polite to her brother.
And quite frankly I kind of dislike the idea that Zephyr thinks Fluttershy is the bossy one of the family compared to her parents. It’s like her parents exist to show how Fluttershy is not the shyest pony in the world. Never mind how she used to let Angel walk over her.
Part of me feels like they are trying to correct the idea of Fluttershy not developing by making it so she was never that timid.
I also actually kind of wish Rainbow Dash was not in that episode as much. I kind of prefer to Zephyr and Flutters bond.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #7CE5
4.- The whole subplot of ponies hating each other, which in hindsight was used as a preview of G5.
Plus the fact that the ponies were able to resolve that relatively quickly makes it very difficult to believe that Twilight and her friends couldn’t stop Opaline from causing an Equestria-wide race war.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t know, I thought Fluttershy was great in the episode, showed more of a layer to me. I also wish Zephyr could’ve been written a little bit better but I didn’t hate him or anything like that.
CronoM

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I agree about the retcon of Fluttershy being assertive one in her family being a big tonal shift, even if we take family attitudes in the equation.
I honestly would of preffered a less one sided dynamic, where a Fluttershy was soft-spoken but always followed her ambitions, while Zephyr was a good talker but never stuck with any goal.
CronoM

Also, here’s a potentially unpopular opinion….Twilight and Human Twilight could never relate to each other.
If Twilight aspires to be Celestia’s favorite, then counter to that, Sci Twi relates more to Luna. The 4th movie basically delved into Human Twi’s issues of becoming a new nightmare moon.
In some ways, if the other Mane 5 and Humane 5 being nearly identical is nature over nurture, then in contrast, if Celestia never entered Twilight’s life, a massive change in nurture, then would her nature be Sci Twi’s personality?
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Good analysis and I definitely if Celestia never took Twilight under her wing she would probably be more like Sci Twi or Moon Dancer.
I imagine she would be way more anti social than she was at the start of the show.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
@Sparx
Same here on both counts.
Though it’s a lot precisely to go against these cliches. Can’t say I ever was impressed by the ‘reasoning’ behind each stereotype they both got pigeon-holed into for years.
And quite honestly, I don’t really think it’s really true to what Fluttershy is to me. I always figured her as someone who everypony ignores not someone who stands out like Rarity.
Unlike the brony fandom, most ponies either ignore FS or look down on her. I just can’t see her as someone who has fanboys wanting to get in her pants every single day like some fanarts do. (Not that there’s anything wrong with it.)
I like to think Fluttershy is beaitiful but in a very subtle way. In real life people would probably ignore her but if they got the time to know her she would be truly beautiful.
I like it because it represents a more quiet beauty.
@Roseluck
I get the Busty Flutters one due to people being horny.
But I never got the Flat Dash one and the boob envy pics that followed.
If anything I think Fluttershy having boob envy is more in character. Although that probably be more sad than funny. Rainbow’s an egoist so it’s sometimes satisying to see her get taken down a peg. But with Fluttershy that could seem a little mean spirited for their to be jokes about being self conscious about her bust.
@Just Wayne
Yep and an unironically serious take on Flattershy too! Maybe I just have too much time on my hands lol.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Jazz’s full name is really weird
It’s kinda entertaining and cringe at the same time
“Jazz Hooves” really sounds like the ponified version of the weird “Jazz Hands” meme
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide