G5 Rule 63 character tags

Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
So >>3007024 is almost certainly the first image here to feature a genderbent Posey Bloom, Misty, and Opaline - therefore, I figured it would be good to decide on rule 63 character tags for them sooner rather than later.
I am not creative enough to do so, however, so I’ll just post the names from this comment on the original image upload:
*Misty: Hazey (or Hazy?)
*Posey (Bloom): Garland Grow
*Opaline: King Orion (since there’s already a character tagged Orion - maybe this one needs some more work)
Additionally, LoreJuniper added a tag that I would imagine is for Misty, tagging “Dew Daybreak”. I could see that working, but I would suggest making it “Dewey Daybreak” to better match with the original Misty’s naming scheme (take a light-moisture related weather phenomena, make it the descriptive form by adding a “y” on the end, and also have it be an actual real-world name - as I know Dewey is a name, while I’m pretty sure “Hazy” is not).
Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there; the Misty name I am behind right now is “Dewey Daybreak”, while I support the Opaline and Posey names given above by default at this point.
I hope that by getting out in front of this, we can come to a consensus before there are any further genderbent artworks of those three characters.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
I think some tags should be updated as well:
Isaac Crestie -> Isaac Moonbow, moonbow has been established to be a family name and thus is gender neutral.
Zip Cyclone -> Zipp Storm (Male) / Zephyr Storm, Zipps name was already masc, as is the point of her design, we can just go with zephyr as a masc version.
For Dew / Misty, id say Dew or Dewy, mistys name is a real name yes, but its an element, changing dew to dewey is kinda odd and that name doesnt fit her really.
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Also possibly isaac to iggy. Its a masc version of izzy and follows the i-2letters-y naming structure
Also for sunny maybe we can edit Sun Starchaser a bit o match the 3 tribe naming scheme? Sun and star match her prev name, but idk chaser doesnt seem like an earth pony name. Maybe Solar or Sunshine Starscout as a name
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Jonny Manz
Misty: Dew/y Daybreak sounds fine.
Posey: If we want to continue the theme, Posey Shy’s rule 63 name is Floral Scotch. To that end, Maybe something beginning with “Floral”?
Opaline: Probably not Orion, Orion and King Orion are character tags already.
@LoreJuniper
@LoreJuniper
I mean I see where you’re coming from but I don’t thinking it’s necessary to keep switching around the established rule 63 tags if they work fine as is.
If the current name isn’t detrimental (say, it’s unintuitive or confusing), I don’t like changing tags for no other reason than that I personally prefer something else.
Also that set of names was derived from Sockiepuppetry, the first prolific artist of them.
In any case, having parts (or all) of the rule 63 names just be their regular names just makes for unneeded confusion in tagging (and is also less interesting), they’ve never had to be exact synonyms of the regular names.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Well I mean it’s already confusing with what we know know about their names and intebt behind them. At the very least the last name should be changed for iggy
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
I was reminded again so I did some name digging for it (not trying to say we should change them all, just saying these are neat, the name origins and meanings)
Sunny: we all know what sunny means. Its a gender neutral name (with a feminine lean)
Izzy: Gender-neutral name of hebrew origin meaning gods promise
Zipp: Zephyr and Zephyrine are actual names, Zephyr is gender-neutral while zephyrine is fem obv, zeyphrina is a slight alt version of zephyrine. Means west winds obv.
Pipp: Seems to be derived from Pippa, which funnily enough means “lover of horses”. Pippa (girls name) is usually short for penelope
Hitch: Obv named off the knot which is often used on posts and wagons. The actual name is short for hitchcock, meaning son of richard.
Misty: obvious meaning, girl name.
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Dragonpone
For Opaline (Arcana): How about something like “Girasol (Magus)” or “Girasolite (Magus)”? My Wikipedia-fu led me to the opal page, where I learned that fire opal is often mistakenly called “girasol”, which would work for two reasons: 1) Since it’s commonly (if incorrectly) used to name fire opals, and Opaline (and presumably the r63 counterpart) claims to be a fire Alicorn; 2) since it’s not technically correct, and Opaline still is without a lot of her power.
For Posey Bloom: How about Floral Growth? Just keep it nice and simple.
And yeah, for Misty (Brightdawn), I quite like Dewy (Daybreak).
@LoreJuniper
I can see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think that’s necessary - I mean, Pinkie was a part of the Pie family (where they all have the last name “Pie”) but her r63 counterpart was always Bubble Berry AFAIK.
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@LoreJuniper
I mean, not what I was talking about, unless you’re bringing up how the Apples and Pies might be related as a reasoning to argue against “Pie” essentially functioning as a last name, or something?
And if that is the point you were trying to make, then sorry, but I’m afraid we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
But yeah while maybe the family themeing thing does have some argument, im more meaning that its tbe beggining of g5 to where r63 isnt quite fully established yet, and since we learned the character name rules i think it should be following the things we learned. Idc toooo much on first names (imo i think zipp to zip is dumb), but at the very least izzys last name should be kept to moonbow.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Also on zipps name: its already meant to be masculine due to it being a masc nickname chosen by zipp
I think it should be just ‘Zipp Storm (male)’
And his birth name could be zephyr. Considering you generally keep the personality and gender expression of a r63 character, r63 zipp wouldnt swapp to being a male who wants to be fem
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@LoreJuniper
Alright, that’s fair, I don’t necessarily agree (or at least, don’t think it’s necessary), but I can see where you’re coming from.
@LoreJuniper
I could see that - I mean, I think it’s fine to keep it as “Zip Cyclone” (personally, I think it’s a funny joke that Zipp and Pipp just lose one “P” from their first name in their r63 forms), but I think Zipp Storm (male) would also work. Definitely agree about Zephyr being the full name, though
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide