General Tag Discussion

𝗪𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑
Wireball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silver Supporter - For site supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Sapphire - For users who have donated to the site
Happy Derpy! -

@Kincyr
Hmm, Equestria Girls do typically have disproportionately big heads to their bodies, do they not? Do we eliminate all tags that are often implied by another tag?
Sometimes it’s nice to be able to filter out art with characters with oddly large head to body; although I’ll grant it’s a pretty fuzzy line when it comes to ponies since they tend to be drawn with heads that would probably be impractical in normal physics.
Recent tag changes to big head - almost all of these images have characters with big heads, many of them ridiculously so.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
There’s this tag fiction:empire of friendship which I think should actually be fanfic:empire of friendship, but every image tagged with it has a Chinese description and I have no idea what it actually is about. So I can’t change the tag. Does anyone know what it is about? Is it a fanfic or something else?
Background Pony #52BA
@JP
It could be an au: rather than a written-out story. Semi-comprehensive fanmade scenarios that are not specifically fanfics, comics, nor animations are also sometimes put in the fanworks category without prefixes, like fallout equestria.
belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony #F0D3
there is a difference between golden and Gold.
Bright Blonde/yellow hair can be described as Golden hair… where as gold hair makes it sound like the hair is made of gold. Now this normally isn’t an issue except we have litteral Crystal ponies… so Gold ponies could very well exist
Background Pony #F0D3
@belmontzar
Then why is golden eyes aliased with gold eyes? I thought that golden and gold were the same in the context of the color of the fur, hair, etc. I am sorry :(
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Are emolestia and punklestia close enough to be merged? Image >>691310 looks to have been the only “emolestia” image before Between Dark and Dawn aired, after that people have used both tags basically interchangeably.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Here’s a thing I wanna try to discuss tagging about.
Remember these guys?

The Hub Network made ponified Zodiac signs. However, their tagging is a little all over the place and I think could use some standardizing.
Are they OCs? If they’re by the Hub, they’re quasi-official. Nevertheless, some images with them are tagged with the OC tag, like for Libra, some will have oc:libra and libra both. Should they be OCs? Or full on characters with a new tag? like libra (ponyscopes) or something. Either way, the character tag I feel should imply the sign as well.
And I see the tag ponyscopes for them sometimes too. Should the character tag imply those too? As well as imply zodiac? I can start adding these too if in agreement.
Oh and one other thing! Some of the OC tags for the ponyscopes share the name with some other non-ponyscope OC. What then? I see a Libra and Aries OC that aren’t those particular guys.
Background Pony #52BA
How silly must panties be to be silly panties? I see a lot of tagged pics showing panties that I would not consider to be silly.

@Toastypk
…huh, I thought there used to be a tag “hasbroc” for that kind of thing. But, neither hasbroc nor hasbro oc have any content or history of being used to speak of. Maybe that was a ponibooru thing I’m remembering…
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #52BA
How did you know I was talking about this earlier in Discord.
Anyway, the tag DID once exist, I just nuked it at some point as it’s fucking stupid. An OC is made by a fan, if it’s from any official source, it’s not an OC, full stop.
@Toastypk
These are not OCs.
Posted Report
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
@LightningBolt
Oh, well people sure seem to think they are! At least with tags.
Should we give them a proper character tag name?
eg, libra (something)
Just plain “pony” maybe?
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
Should we consider them characters, ponified zodiac signs (“zodiac, pisces, ponified”), or both?
Posted Report
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Where did the people who edited the tags into the images even get the idea they were OCs? Even the (now-dead) sources for the official images (which are also the first images of them uploaded to Derpibooru) should have confirmed they were official!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide