2024 Derpibooru Community Collab

Пшеница
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@I don’t think Tobirama a good Hokage
Being mocking won’t help either.
Collab will be done when it’s done. And if it’d be in the next year - that’s fine by me. Yes, we all here excited about to see the result, a lot of us want to get badges as well. Yet it was already fun when we did our pieces of art.
Collab is a hoofwork , it takes time and efforts, it affected by IRL stuff.
Try to cheer up instead of asking “when?”, it’ll help more.
hunterdog5by5
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Let’s get excited~
Let’s stop fighting~
Don’t forget this thing is huge and gets bigger every year and having a life has it’s own toll. Mocking or complaining will only make it take longer and there’s nothing wrong with being excited we just got to remember to kind I mean seriously this is a site fool of mlp hahaha we know better ^^
40kponyguy
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Princess Celestia
It’s done when it’s done.
To be fair I haven’t really drawn anything for months due to real life and a lack of enthusiasm. (Partly due to the influx of AI art that makes me think ‘what’s the point?’).
Пшеница
Artist -

@40kponyguy
I don’t draw for a long time between arts because I just don’t know how to draw and :D
But about “what’s the point?”. Well, because why not? I like to play with Stable Diffusion (it’s about 8000 pictures with ponies in ‘outputs’ in my SD folder), and it do pictures a way better than my drawing skill, even the old ones with first SD:
First, SDXL
medium
And mine.

But again, it doesn’t stop me from creating my own (I don’t count prompts as ‘my own’ so I never post any arts I’ve generated with AI) because AI can generate better images but they’re not my own c:
They’re ugly but they’re mine.
@Princess Celestia
Yep, we’ll wait c:
Guardian Talon
Guardian Talon - For Patreon supporters
Guardian Talon - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

AI art has it’s uses. If you want something quick and decent, and aren’t concerned about details, and it knows how to do it, and ect…
But there always seems to be something ‘off’ about it. Edge of uncanny valley or something’s out of place.
That can happen with organic art as well. But a computer will make a mistake and keep going, not knowing any better. A human has a chance to notice it and 1) fix it before it gets worse 2) work with it to make something a computer wouldn’t know how to make.
That creative bit of chaos you have that a program can’t allow if it want’s to make something coherent.
@Princess Celestia
Sounds good to me. Maybe (doubtful) people will stop asking about it if they know it will get pushed back every time they do.
Chopsticks
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
Every time pressure, questions, queries, or pestering is applied to the admin team about updates, the project is inadvertently delayed by 1 extra week. That’s not the admins intentionally delaying anything, it’s just a Murphy Law of the Universe.
This was supposed to be a joke. Yet people keep tempting fate it seems.
Пшеница
Artist -

@Пшеница
Nice work!
Thank you c:
Well, I only do traditional art, pencils and paper for me.
This one took me about 3 hours to draw.
I like those glares of light on the mane and hair c:
Usually I do like traditional art more than digital one but traditional is even more difficult for me to create

medium
And those two took me about, I don’t know, 6 hours may be? Or more.
Luna is supposed to glow in the dark but the paint I’ve used for it is so weird >_> Or I didn’t figured out how to use it properly
But I really do like other’s pencil drawings, acryllic or oil paint, and even cross stitch.
An AI program could whip up something in a completely different league to anything I can do in seconds.
Yep, it can. But still, a tons of artists can draw something faster and better than me. I mean, my drawings usually tooks hours for a simple work without any shadings or something while others can draw something they call “sketch” in 15-20 minutes and it’d be look better than mine completed work :D
That doesn’t mean I should stop to do something
It’s kinda disheartening.
Well, it’s a tool, tools aren’t supposed to have a heart… I guess. It’s up to the one who uses the tool.
I feel the same way! Hurts my arty soul. 🥲
Oh, come on now. AI could be good at technique but the idea have at least half of the value of the art. I actually don’t appreciate about 38.75% of arts here but it’s my personal issue. Create something non-generic in it’s idea and quality is still possible with AI but it takes a lot of time (like hours or days, I know it from the expirience both mine and my friend who’s into AI) for searching for right prompt, inpainting, small fixes in photoshop etc, and it’s something that is rarely done, so most AI generated art is so… Generic.
Minus
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

It's bad. In a good way!
the collab is also the Featured Image on it for a while after it drops
I’m another person here with experience of not seeing the collab last year. Featured images still use your blacklist. For something that has SO MANY TAGS it really needs something in place to let it bypass that. Though that’s probably a lot of coding for a once a year thing. And possibly abusable. So I just hope it gets announced in the banner as well as being made the featured image. And I don’t know, maybe a third thing too? I really don’t want to miss it again but it’s easier to do than you think.
@40kponyguy
@SJArt117
@Guardian Talon
@WojTek-ツ
@Crimson “Valent” Azure
Can you guys go back to whining about when this collab will be posted? Can I not go more than 2 pages before someone starts ranting about AI? Being a bad artist is all about the excuses you make, it’s as simple as that. This collab is such a positive thing that it does not need you guys having this kind of talk here. So focus on the good reasons you have to make art instead. For many of us this collab is one of the few motivations we have to draw. And once you start drawing, it’s easy to want to keep drawing, because drawing is fun. Collabs like this are damn important in getting artists started on that path.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
The collab is getting slightly delayed because university has decided to slap 2 papers on me with an unreasonable deadline for the amount of text they want. I’ll try my best to organize it so that other people can do assembly of the image while I’m busy, but the post date is moved to the next couple of weeks yet again. I’m sorry.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
The collab is getting slightly delayed because university has decided to slap 2 papers on me with an unreasonable deadline for the amount of text they want. I’ll try my best to organize it so that other people can do assembly of the image while I’m busy, but the post date is moved to the next couple of weeks yet again. I’m sorry.
God (Germans) made amphetamines for a reason. God bless
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@AaronMk
I am on ADHD medications that act in a similar manner and it’s still entirely unfairly bullshit because I also have so much more going on at the same time I just enter burnout as soon as I exit it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide