Ask the mods anything

GlitchedWolf
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
What is this site https://manebooru.art/
Manebooru is an imagebooru much like this one, different staff and different rules though.

Is this the same site as this one or there a difference?
Derpibooru and Manebooru both use the open source Philomena software which may make them seem the same but there’s many differences. Manebooru is more strict with what content can be uploaded, absolutely no nazi or foalcon/underaged content is allowed there.

Why does this booru site exist? And why can i find other artist their art on there but not mine?
Manebooru was made as an altbooru to this site after some drama that happened over a year ago. Some artists have had their art ported over or other people uploaded their art over, if your art isn’t there yet and you want it there, you can either upload them there yourself or make a post on their official porting thread.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra  
Fluffy abuse. A lot of times the people involved in making those end up being so freaking obsessed about it.

@The Smiling Pony  
That, and stuff like Twilicorn, still create so much drama sometimes. 10 years from now people are still going to be posting cringe-filled hate-art about Twilicorn. I was hoping that Cozy Glow drama would finally divert the Twilicorn hard liners, but nope - even with G5 firing up, they’re doubling down. Hard.
Vulcan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Spectator mode ON
@Ciaran

First, I’m afraid to ask, but what’s fluffy abuse?

Second, are those tossers still annoying with that Twilicorn stuff? I thought that was finished already, like… years ago.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Everyone thinks we’re all serious here all the time, but any volunteer hanging out here is more like pic related.

full

I mean, imagine you leave your day job of fixing cars and go home log on to your favorite game to just screw around and hang out with your friends, and someone asks you to explain why their car backfires.
Vulcan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Spectator mode ON
@Ciaran  
Alrite, apologies for that then, just hakuna your tatas and adjust your bust before it combusts. %(No offense)%

Is your [Ciaran] profile pic your ponysona? Because it’s pretty cute, I wish to know how to make a good ponysona like that. Not sure if this is or isn’t a question that can go here, so if not I’ll repost this on the other AtM thread

Fucking hell, those are my dance moves! How come everyone steals my style?! Hah
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Vulcan  
I never set out to create a ponysonna, she just happened.

I used to do a web comic and I used everyone at work for characters in it. But I changed each person’s gender and their race and other details until they were unrecognizable unless you had gamed with them. My character in that was a militant discontented gamer who tried to not give a shit as much as possible but also was just happy all the time even when it wasn’t really appropriate. Most of that comic was about gaming and trying to survive as an engineer in the late 90’s and early 00’s after the bubble burst in the US and your company had been re-bought and re-structured for the 9th time until you reached the point where the core product you were trying to create was almost unrecognizable.

full

I was just figuring out how to draw at all and still taking night classes in ‘do you even comic art’, so any criticism of the art, layout, lettering, story, the freaking size for the page that I chose - any of it is 100% appropriate and probably accurate.

Some of it was coping about work and how much I utterly hate (almost all but not some rare shining examples of) project management in an era where program and product management was being phased out and the people managing projects intentionally had no idea how the thing they were actually creating worked or in some cases even what it did. Like: the school of project managers where you have people managing a product they wouldn’t even recognize if someone showed it to them, and where the gantt chart shows thirty resources but there’s only one actual worker.

full

Then all of a sudden it merged with the D&D world I’d been running for … well, since about 2 years before there was a D&D Player’s Guide and everyone was still using bad photocopies of Chainmail from Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and then it got all … fascinating. Even as the person who was drawing and writing it, I was constantly surprised by what was happening in the comic.

full

But I’d been in Japan for so long by then basically all I had to do all night was sit by myself in parks or drink in tiny bars and draw. It’s a good way to practice drawing … when drawing is the only thing that you have that you want to do and you don’t really speak the language and the local currency is still rare and expensive to get because you’re getting paid in the wrong monies.

Then Joey did the Community Collaboration and I needed an OC and I realized that she’d always been there with me, all along.

So, yes - that’s my ponysona. Drawn by the unbelievably talented, funny, and fun to hang out with Artist:Skoon (of Naughty Luna and Oh Dat Cheerilee fame.

Which reminds me I owe him some art.

Thanks for asking :) I assume this was about 389% more information you’d been hoping for, which is just about spot on for my ponysonna.

PS: Yes, my Tulpa has a credit card and owns her own online radio station. Which plays music that I’m not entirely happy with but generally we get along.
Jaredking779
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@Ciaran  
Yes, it should a better day, because even tomorrow can still be as rough as today, which I had at point.

And I apologize about what I did earlier (I sent you a note about it, but please ignore the messages I sent you).
Jaredking779
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@radostt  
Tomorrow was yesterday. Today is today. I’ve been fine so far during the 2021-2022 Season aside from one incident on September 2nd. Other than that, I’m mostly at a good start.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide