Dragon Ball Thread

Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Dex Stewart

It looks like she’s wearing a preschool outfit, but that certainly isn’t the standard hats preschoolers wear, and I really can’t find any real hats that look like that one, so I really couldn’t tell you.

@Thanotos Omega

She looks like she could be as young as three here, though she could certainly be four, so while we’re a lot closer to EoZ, I doubt this would be set after
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Dustcan

Well, they aged Pan up, so if we see Trunks and Goten, they’d have to look older, can’t have a Pan that’s less than half their age look almost as old as them right? ….right?
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
If anyone is lurking around I want to ask a question. I’m trying to name a made up alien race. Its nothing special they are …dog people. But not furries. More like Kemonomimi with ears and tails similar to dogs. They are meant to be an opposite to saiyan. The idea came randomly when I learned that the idiom “Fight like cats and dogs” is interpreted as “dogs and monkies” in Japan. Which I thought was interesting.
犬猿けんえんの仲なか
kenen no naka
https://thejapanesepage.com/dogs-monkeys/

So anyway back to something I know nothing about, Toriyama’s/Japanese naming conventions. so Saiyajin means “vegetable people” or something right? Well that is the popular guess with ‘Yasai’ turing into Saiya and “jin” means people.

So if I wanted to make a race of alien dog people I’m thinking I would name them after meat or bones or maybe something else.

Dog= Inu Bone = Hone or Kokkaku Meat = Niku (I just have google translate and the internet to go by) And I can maybe swap letters around to make made up new words.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Ranch

Toriyama Often likes to use english or borrowed words for names too, so it wouldn’t have to be japanese words as a basis, food is something he uses more than anything else, and I’m not sure you could get enough mileage out of “Bones” so if you went with meat, it should be derived off of meat based meals, like steaks, a very simple example might be something like “Kitesu-jin” based off of the japanese loan word “sute-ki” or maybe something simpler “Ketas-jin” or just “Steka-jin”
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Lol Suteki is steak, right? Why is it when I look up that word it means things like “lovely” and “wonderful” I mean steak is good but… That is interesting. Steka-jin sounds good though, same for Kitesu-jin.

The naming style for this species would indeed be based on cuts of meat, meat dishes, and bones. So maybe a guy name Kullus. And Kullus = Skull as an example. I know Super already has characters with meat themed names but eh, I’m just spitballing fan ideas.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Yep, Ribeye :p

For other bone related names, you could go for “Patella” which is just another name for the kneecap or “Fulabi” from the Fibula bone, which is one of your lower leg bones

Or maybe “Mefur” from the Femur bone
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Ranch

Yeah, there are some very basic names like Piccolo, drum and Piano, so names like Spine, rib or Ankle, along with Knuckles would be fine too
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
True with just slight suspension of belief many words can easily be seen as names without changing them at all. Piano as a name makes me laugh though. I can imagine Tibula and Fibula as twin characters.

Supposedly the Saiyans have or had gods. If the Kitesu-jin (species name i like the most so far) had a god…he would be named something fantastic and fearsome. Like Stew. Yes. The god of the dog aliens is named Stew.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Ranch

Fear the Mighty Stew!

And since they’re a Saiyan equivalent, rather than turning into a Great ape, they turn into the Greater Doge, either a giant Were-wolf, or maybe a building sized Dire-wolf XD

There can be a small 2’ foot tall cat race as the Tuffle Equivalent, the most popular sport on the planet is called “Pussy-foot” where the stuff these cat-people into giant Hamster balls, and toss and kick them about like football or Soccer :P

They can be called the “Tenkitsa”
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Ranch

I don’t know how good I am at it, but I’ve certainly been having fun with it!

Stroganoff would make for a fun name, no changes needed
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
So we’ve got a name for the race, a named god, a national sport (lol) and five named characters with a dude named kullus, a lady that may or may not have anything to do with Kullus names Reyebi, a big bulky dude named Stroganoff, and twins named Tibula and Fibula.

Now how about a name for the planet, Planet Meatloaf maybe? or Noshidori, is a Chicken version Meatloaf in Japan

Nodoshiri, if you want to be fancy I suppose
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Going by coolness factor alone Nodoshiri sounds best.

I admit long before I started talking about dragonball dog aliens here, I had already created an OC for shipping purposes. And like a typical OC, though I don’t think she is worthy of sue status, she is actually half Saiyan.

At first I had her named Peril. Short for Perilla, the name for beefsteak leaves. But now I think I want to change her name to ‘Smoke’ or Kosmos…or Kosme. TLDR this is a work in progress. I wanted to give the name of Peril to her daughter. Now I have other characters to think about too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide