Religious Disscusion Thread

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
What if the whole “God created man in his own image” was meant to mean psychological or spiritual and not physical.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Since the New Testament books weren’t written by the apostles they are named after, how reliable is the NT if they aren’t even honest about who the authors are?
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Jacob and Esau always confused me, I’ll be honest. I feel like rewarding deception and cruelty wouldn’t be seen as good traits in most of Abrahamism, but here we are.
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
in protestant chrisendom there’s been a long standing debate between the high church and low church movment. it’s basicaly all hinges on a single question “ok we’re not catholic anymore. How much catholic protocol and ritualism are we gonna keep”
from the pagan side of the debate we have a similar discussions on the importance of the protocol of the old pagans. I personally fall pretty hard on the low church side.
Background Pony #A15E
@harasha456
I don’t know much about modern paganism. Do pagans still give offerings even to gods they don’t like to avoid being screwed over by those gods, or is it a thing of the past? I suspect it might be different between neopaganism and modern polytheism that has had continuity with old polytheism (like some forms of Hinduism).
And yes, I also see a lot of similarities between problems or topics being discussed in various religions.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Genesis 38:21 (New American Standard):
He asked the people of her place, saying, “Where is the temple prostitute who was by the road at Enaim?” But they said, “There has been no temple prostitute here.”
I saw that some versions called her a “shrine prostitute.” Either way, what’s a temple/shrine prostitute? Odd for a belief that seems hard for marriage.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A15E
@Meanlucario
Judaism did not have temple prostitutes for obvious reasons you mentioned. But Jews didn’t live in a void, they were surrounded by pagans. So I assume that Judah mistook Tamar for a pagan temple prostitute.
In Genesis 38:12 it is said that Judah travelled to Timnah. I suspect it means the city in Canaan, which would further explain why Judah thought that.
Side note: some translations simply say “prostitute”, not mentioning any religious connotations.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide