Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Apparently there’s a fandom rivalry between Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss and Lackadaisy.
As someone who is a fan of both, I don’t really understand why. Both are great, both are doing their own thing, and both are advancing indie animation and adult animation.
…Moreover, I literally heard of the Lackadaisy pilot from VivziePop tweeting her support of it, so clearly the creators have no feud with each other.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@TheHappySpaceman
At this time, rivalry between animators would be counter intuitive.
Animation is in a crisis these days. Fellow animators are thankful others are taking up the torch.
Fans always do these rivalries that most authors probably dont have. It’s childish. It’s like fans saying whether Star Trek or Star Wars is better. It’s just shallow.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Did Disney really make The Beyonder a Discord-lite character?
I mean that’s not far off but
Posted Report
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I’m probably seeing something that isn’t there but the end of Owl House almost felt like a response to the end of Steven Universe.
Steven Universe: the power of friendship can defeat even the worst of authoritarian war mongers (so long as you happen to be related to them).
Owl House: The power of friendship is great and valuable, but some mofos need to be in the fucking ground.
Posted Report
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

VIVA LA NOCTE
@Dustcan @♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥ KEK
The worst part is that it wasn’t realistic, he was just like “*Extermination of organics is bad, don’t do bad!” and they fell to their knees weeping, like WTF
meanwhile, in real life

Dude legit wrote up the battle plan for the Manchurian invasion and 👌’d Shiro Ishii’s experiments on “the inferior Chinese logs”
Five years of palling around with the peanut farmer, and he joined forces with him and Borlaug to eradicate the Guinea Worm.
Clearly some weird as fuck Disney Princess Magic happened between those two
So yes, this kind of thing happens forrealsies…. With work!!!
Honestly wish someone would have grilled them and made a movie about it when he was still alive, it’s probably very interesting
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Lord WyrmSpawN
Yup. I Still think there are problems with the story and how it looks like it goes. A lot of said it does, a lot have said the trailers were misleading. It’s pretty hard to tell.
Still did better then Ant Man 3.
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Beyonder is already better then Discord
@icicle wicicle 1517
moon girl and devil dinosaur is better written than mlp so thats not fair
beyond (ha pun) that though, Discord was actually a true villain at first. The beyonder in moongirl isn’t, so discord is more malicious. I think the concept of him there to judge humanity is incredibly interesting. But i don’t think its fair to compare them because there two different types of shows with two different characters.
Beyonder beats discord in the always being pure entertaining aspect. BUT im of the unpopular opinion that Discord is more interesting after his reformation. Beyonder is just another goofy chaotic character which isn’t exactly a bad thing but I love how Discord post s2 just has so much more to him that just that. Ultimately Mlp is a show about friendship, redemption and learning lessons so discord was bound to stop just being that goofy epic villain he was in his first appearance. Him acting up and doing certain things is meant for a friendship lesson. Heck I bet if not for adult fans getting tired of reformations EVERY CHARACTER would have reformed…given the type of show it is. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is just meant to be fun. I think Discord is more of a victim of the show he is in then of actually being an bad character. The writers have to balance a genuine storyline, discord’s chaotic nature and him growing as a person AND writers switching all the time.
This creates a disconnect with fans who are fine with his chaotic antics because reformed or not, hes still a spirit of chaos and then those who want him to be more of a good guy or to have stayed a villain if he’s gonna be such a jerk. Discord test that he does are perfect for a chaotic character but not exactly perfect for a show that teaches about friendship. Also since the test he does DO often focus on friendship such as learning not to be jealous, being confident in oneself etc. The way he acts can feel to mundane, underwhelming and/or outright dangerous and unjustified for what his goals are. In comparison to something like testing the goodness of humanity like other chaotic types do for a different kind of show.
Posted Report
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman
Youtube Animators being given chances at Studio budgetd is a good thing, don’t know why anyone would hate a second Animator being given that chance, if anything Viv will probably be more revered in the future if Hazbin led to a trend
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide