Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
I guess I forgot about the Land games, I didn’t grow up playing GameBoy so I didn’t see them as such.

I never really saw Wrecking Crew as a Mario title even though the main character looks sorta like him, and Donkey Kong I always viewed as part of the Donkey Kong series especially since Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 don’t let you play as Mario; but I suppose Donkey Kong is referenced in Odyssey so sure why not.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Miyamoto said they were just making an expansion for SMG, or something, and ended up creating a whole game.

Kinda like how SMB2/Lost Levels was made, because they made too many new levels for the arcade version of SMB.

@Red-Supernova  
But just imagine the World Unites arc with Nintendo’s other IPs included! I remember you saying that Ian loves the Star Fox series so I’m sure he’ll do those characters justice.

Yeah, I remember Ian/Archie, and artist Tracey Yardley actually pitched a Mario/Kirby/Metroid miniseries comic to Nintendo.  
Nintendo of America loved it, but Nintendo Co. LTD in Japan wouldn’t allow it unfortunately… I wish they’d give NOA more freedom.

Heh heh, my Bowser Amiibo is known as “Dennis”.

I “get” it. “Doug” would also also be one. (Doug Bowser president of NOA.)

I have all the “Game & Watch Gallery” games, but I’m surprised they never made a fifth one for DS. It would’ve been perfect for the double-screen G&Wes.

The version of Super Mario 64 on this collection is known as the Shindou edition from what I’ve heard.

Isn’t that the Japan-only rumble version? i’m not bothered by the fixed glitches, because I could never pull them off.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Y’know, I actually played SMG2 before the first SMG, so I actually have a li’l more fondness for it, so I admit, I’m bummed it’s not in the collection. I’m probably the only Mario fan that prefers SMG2.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
So on Twitter I was reading a discussion about Mario and Luigi. Someone said Luigi is braver than Mario because despite being afraid he pulls through. Someone else said Mario isn’t brave just Fearless/reckless.

What do you guys think?

I know Mario lacks personality compared other characters in the franchise so he can be more marketable and place in all kinds of games. But he does have something personality traits in a few games.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Sparx

Basically, every Mario character have only given a subtle personality - the fact that they didn’t talk is one factor that contributes it

It’s a true contrast to Sonic characters, each having their own distinct personalities
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
I can’t wait for 3D All Stars, already pre-ordered a physical copy on Amazon. I haven’t played Sunshine and Galaxy in forever.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Y’know, just realized that the SMB Game & Watch wasn’t only made to celebrate the SMB 35th anniversary, but Game & Watch’s 40th anniversary, as well. Gunpei Yokoi’s li’l LCD games were first sold 40 years ago, (older then all of us) with “Ball” (the juggling high score game) being the first one distributed.  
So that makes it appropriate the “Ball” game was included in the SMB anniversary G&W. (To be honest, I think I want that more then “3D All-Stars.”)

G&W games were before my time, but I loved the Gameboy, DSi, & keychain versions, and of course the SSB fighter. I kinda wish Nintendo would distribute the actual ones again.  
Truthfully, they’re much cooler then the beloved Mattel Football handheld game that got rereleased, or even the classic Tiger Handheld LCD games. (Which tried to be too complex.)

@Mikey  
I have 64, 64 DS, and Galaxy 1&2, so admittedly I want it mostly for Super Mario Sunshine. I loved it, (even back when fans were a li’l divided on it) but sadly I never owned it.

@Sparx  
I think being fearless/reckless kinda more-so describes Link.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Went to the store early, and got myself a copy of “Super Mario 3D All-stars.” Also, sense my local store charges $50 instead of $60 for Switch games that means I got it cheaper too.

Skunky so happy! Now I finally have “Super Mario Sunshine!” (Which I only rented when I was young.) 64 & Galaxy are cool too, of course.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Some Mario Kart fun facts:

1. Technically, RMX Rainbow Road 1 is the new and  
    latest iteration of Rainbow Road in the Mario Kart series. It is also unique to the fact it doesn’t have its own music. Instead using SNES Rainbow Road’s music

2. SNES Rainbow Road originally served as a special, high-difficulty final track. Now it evolved into a simple, beginner course

3. Mario Kart Tour’s Tokyo Blur is actually equivalent to “Circuit” tracks in other games, due to its music arrangements and plain simple road layout.

4. The reason behind Mario Kart Tour using the original old music for Retro Tracks and recycling old sound effects from Mario Kart Wii, is to avoid references to Mario Kart 8.  
    Mario Kart Tour was build closer to older Mario Kart installments and thus any sorts of Mario Kart 8 elements were all removed. 200cc engine class is the only Mario Kart 8-related feature to remain

5. Miniturbo/Drift Boost was already present since the first game, not Mario Kart 64. It appears as a hidden technique known simply as the “Boost”

6. Mario Kart 7 was made as a tribute to Mario Kart 64, which explains the lack of “VS Race Mode” in single player. The results theme is also a remix from 64 and 3DS Rainbow Road was made as a long track, akin to the original N64 Rainbow Road. The “Pipe Frame” vehicle also first appeared in Mario Kart 7 as a homage to the karts seen in the first three games.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide