Mario Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I’m a little disappointed that Mario doesn’t say “So long-a Bowser” when you throw him, he just says “Bye-bye” which isn’t as fun.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Some speculate it’s because of the “So-long gay-Bowser” meme, which probably made NOA afraid people were mishearing it as such. Though, personally, it never sounded that way to me. It sounded like, “So-long, me Bowser!” to me.

@igotnopicks  
@Beau Skunky
I already beat the Pachinko Machine Level. It was exactly as I remembered it. Not that hard.
The Lily Pad of Death though is a harder level.

lol strangely, I actually had less trouble with that, AND Corona Mountain, then the Pachinko stage. I literally lost like over 30 lives in that level.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
The Pachinko Machine Level to me is probably one of the easiest ones for me and I didn’t die as much whenever I play it. The Lily Pad of Death though… is what I like to call the worst level in the game.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, in Japan, he’s “Koopa,” like how Robotnik was “Eggman,” and eventually changed to that in America too.

Also, Princess Peach used to be called “Princess Toadstool” in America, but it was changed to her Japanese name “Peach” im SM64.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I knew about that meme as well, and I always heard it as So long-a Bowser not gay Bowser but hey people love something that sounds immature, the same thing as the gay Luigi from Hotel Mario.

Also Peach is technically still called Toadstool in 64 when she’s reading the letter in the opening.  
full
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, but she’s still mostly refered to as “Peach” in that, and material afterward. Like how in “Sonic Adventure” the Dr. Robotnik/Eggman character was called by both his American & Japanese names to ease players into the new name.

Bowser is an odd case however, as some earlier merchandise, and the D.i.C. cartoons refered to him as his Japanese name “Koopa,” but nowadays he’s more known by his Americanized name “Bowser” mostly. (Became even funnier now that NOA’s new president is named “Doug Bowser.”) In fact, oddly the name “Koopa” was accidentally given to his “Koopa Troopa” & such minions, and their “race,” because Bowser’s name was incorrectly translated as “King of the Koopa,” instead of “King Koopa.”
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
Amazon is refunding me $10 because Mario 3D All Stars got a price drop after I pre-ordered it. Nice.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
That’s cool, I already got it $10 cheaper, because my local store only charges $50 for Switch games, rather then $60.  
I think that’s more reasonable, because other compilation games are much cheaper. Even the 25th anniversary “Kirby’s Dream Collection” for Wii was only $40., and had 6 games.
igotnopicks

Monado User
Oh great the Watermelon Level in sunshine.

Why am I not surprised to see this level this early. It’s not a hard level it’s just annoying.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
Mario Galaxy on 3D All Stars is surprisingly great on Switch Lite. The touch screen controls for the star pointer are more intuitive than I thought they’d be.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Oh, that’s cool that it uses the touchscreen, I’ll have to try that.

Despite all the drama over the games being direct ports/emulation/whatever, I think they still look good, and honestly Sunshine, and Galaxy wouldn’t look much different with a few more polygons added to me.  
Kinda wish 64 had widescreen, but I can kinda understand why they didn’t do it, because the camera would probably clip through walls, and stuff more, and they’d have to reprogram the whole game/camera system. (And I’d kinda rather they instead use that time/effort on other future games.)

Honestly, my only real complaint is, the collection would’ve been more worth the price if it at least had 4 games, whether “Galaxy 2,” or even 3DS’s “3D Land.” Still, I don’t regret getting it, and it’s better then no collection anniversary game.

@Dr_Osaka  
Nice to see Amiibo aren’t dead.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Well, they’re definitely not as big as they used to be, and more niché now.  
As well as the other DLC SSB characters. (So getting Banjo Kazooie.) Apparently, they reissued King K. Rool, so they occasionally bring back old ones.  
Sadly, all my local stores hardly have Amiibo. My local Walmart hasn’t had any, except Pichu. (Which quickly sold out.) Annoyingly, they still have a peg-board space for Amiibo, with a sign that says “Check back for more Amiibo,” and they haven’t restocked them for over a year…
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
The water effects, and space scenery still hold up very well today.

I even don’t really mind SM64 being a direct port, and of a version of the game we never had, the “shindou pak taiou” version, and while that may upset speedrunners, I honestly never could get those glitches to work in the original cartridge game I had as a kid, (and still have) so I don’t care about being unable to “cheat.”
igotnopicks

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
Really.

I just actived a glitch underneath a guy right by the boat in the main plaza.  
And the Watermelon Level. Where I would normally see the Big Watermelon show up but didn’t.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Mario Kart vehicle ideas: Paw Pounce

An ATV patterned after the well-known pool toy from the furry community

full

To better fit the Mario theme, it may also be designed after the Cat form, much like the CatCruiser kart
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide