Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Ok, now I know you’re B.S.‘ing us…

It’s ironic though, I can beat Corona Mountain without losing a life, or even beat “SMB:Lost Levels” without getting a Game Over, (and having 20 lives left) but that Pachinko level is what gets me.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Yeah, and Nintendo was involved in those games too.

In fact, all the old scandalous “Miyamoto hates DKC” rumors from the 2000s (that fansite DKVine spread, and used as an excuse to hate him, or fuel their “Rare is better then Nintendo” bias) are now kinda ironic, because they got so out of hand that Miyamoto actually had to come out, and say he loves DKC. He even said he uncreditedly helped Rareware make it, and give them advice. He was also the one whom decided to revive the series on Wii with Retro Studios.

In fact, honestly to this day, I still can’t find the supposed interview where he supposedly “bashed the game” to this day, and all the ones I’ve seen where he discussed it, he said nothing, but nice things about it, (He also really loves the handslap move) so I think it was B.S.

It’s just like the “Lion King ripped off Kimba” widespread drama. (Which was finally epically debunked by YourMovieSucks on Youtube recently.)
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Beau Skunky  
The best way to look at Nintendo games music is water levels for Mario and DKC.  
The best example of this is Mario World and Dire Dire Docks.  
DKC series has, Aquatic Ambeince and this.  
People don’t like water stages in Mario games. But the music is one of the most relaxing musics in Mario.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
I like the water Mario/DK stages, and especially the music.

Composer, David Wise said the “ice cave” BGM for DKC2 was originally meant for underwater stages, (but they didn’t have any traditional environmental ones, and just had the underwater sunken ship stages, and one underwater ice cave level) and kinda sounds watery, and lovely too.
Background Pony #2847
Progress in Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

Collected 9 Power Stars in Super Mario 64, Bowser defeated once.

Collected 9 Shine Sprites in Super Mario Sunshine.

Collected 7 Power Stars in Super Mario Galaxy, two Grand Stars rescued.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Something interesting I noticed about Sunshine is that it bares some similarities to Sonic Adventure 2; The main protagonist (Mario, Sonic) get mistaken for a doppelganger (Shadow Mario, Shadow the Hedgehog) get arrested and we find out the shadowy figure is actually working for the main villain. (Bowser, Dr. Eggman)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
I remember back when it first came out it got compared to it somewhat. Shadow Mario even kinda reminds fans of Chaos & Metal Sonic, with his creepy nature. Well, he’s creepy until you find out who it is.

@Shepherd  
Just in case some haven’t played those, it’s more considerate.

@romantiCaveman  
I dunno, the physics overall in 3D Mario games tend to feel pretty similar to me. The only exceptions to me being the “classic” style 3D Land/World games, but even those have similarities.
Background Pony #2847
My memories of each Mario game in Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

Super Mario 64: I was only 7 years old when this, and the console itself, was released in the summer of 1996. Until that time I was a Sega Genesis owner, having grown up with Sonic the Hedgehog. My cousin visited me and brought alongside the Nintendo 64. At the time I only used the D-Pad to move characters in video games, but then he showed me the Control Stick, and that was my introduction to 3D gaming. I never got the console itself until Christmas of 1999, alongside Pokémon Snap.

Super Mario Sunshine: Much like Mario 64, I didn’t own the console this game was released on when the GameCube was released in 2001 (and the game came out a year later) until Christmas of 2003, and I also got The Legend of Zelda: Collector’s Edition (bundled), Pac-Man World 2 and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Super Mario Galaxy: Unlike the last two games, I got the Wii in the same year as launch (a week after, specifically). What made this game even more special to me was the fact that some time before Christmas of 2007, I actually went to Walmart which was a couple blocks from our apartment, and this became the first game I ever bought on my own!
Background Pony #2847
I don’t actually plan to BEAT Super Mario Sunshine, just get as far as I can on Shine Sprite collecting before I hit a roadblock that makes it impossible for me to continue, with my current skills and reflexes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide