Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
Also, Foucault, Derrida, and Sartre are niche even in academia, and are even less influential than Marx than alt-lite shitheels seem to think.

Define alt-lite shitheels. I always thought that the so called alt right and alt lite put too much emphasis on Critical Theory’s Marxist connections and not Critical Race Theory, Intersectional Feminism and Postcolonialism use of ideas originating from Poststructuralism (power dynamics, binaries, etc). Truth be told, I’m not sure I should be using Poststructuralism as the word to describe it but Postmodernism is too vague and other terminology I felt did not capture the common group of Postmodern ideas that they for the most part share to varying extents.

@AaronMk  
A lot of which is from all private jet travel from the climate change summits and Davos!

@Background Pony #1F81  
Well, they do consider themselves a fraternal organization.
Background Pony #70D6
@Background Pony #70D6
Oh, this was the injunction.
If you want a good laugh, it’s worth reading the opinion they issued when ruling against Trump. They make it pretty clear how much of a failure the entire challenge is.  
As a remedy, Petitioners sought to invalidate the ballots of the millions of Pennsylvania voters who utilized the mail-in voting procedures established by Act 77 and count only those ballots that Petitioners deem to be “legal votes.”
Petitioners’ challenge violates the doctrine of laches given their complete failure to act with due diligence in commencing their facial constitutional challenge, which was ascertainable upon Act 77’s enactment.
The want of due diligence demonstrated in this matter is unmistakable. Petitioners filed this facial challenge to the mail-in voting statutory provisions more than one year after the enactment of Act 77.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #70D6  
So many fascinating new phrases, too, that you never really see in modern jurisprudence. Like “beyond cavil”.

Some of these opinions are like a form of modern Shakespeare … if nothing else I’m happy these happened if only to see a justice open a can of whoop ass on a bitch, court style.
Background Pony #70D6
@Ciaran  
Yes, as far as legal smackdowns go, the rulings from Pennsylvania have been particularly brutal. Which is actually not all that surprising, considering that the Trump team entered an arena that depends on sound argument, compelling evidence, and proof armed with naught but hearsay and rhetoric.

And yes, “beyond cavil” is a good one. I personally like the bit stating “Equally clear is the substantial prejudice arising from Petitioners’ failure”. It lacks the brevity, but pretty much sums up every lawsuit Trump and his team have tried thus far.
Background Pony #AC9A
I am.
Surprise surprise, you can be a liberal and think differently from other liberals.

Well, that certainly makes you one more of the very, very few liberals I have ever seen online that is pro-gun.

I know that’s a hard concept for a partisan to understand, but it’s true.
I’m also a capitalist and work in corporate consulting. But I also support sustainability, green energy, unions, and fair pay.
You can be nuanced. You don’t have to be easy to label.

…Although, I definitely cannot say the same in any regard of you potentially being an exception to the stereotype of a liberal openly assuming that at least one person or some number of any random people who disagree with or questions you (the latter of which I did) is an uneducated and/or non-intellectual partisan hack, ignorant fellow, or worse—at least, in regards to how you responded to me, that is.

@Ereiam  
@Background Pony #39BF
What’s “nothing but absolutely unmitigated bullshit” is ignoring that the US carbon emissions may be half of China’s, but they only have a fourth of the population, meaning that the carbon footprint of the average American is still twice a Chinese’s (and let’s not talk about India when their own carbon emissions are half of the US’s, making an Indian’s carbon footprint a whooping eighth of an American’s).

Are you just going off by simple math-use alone, or by using citations of actual sources?

@AaronMk  
@Background Pony #39BF
What’s absolute unmitigated bullshit is ignoring that the US carbon emissions may be half of China’s, but they only have a fourth of the population, meaning that the carbon footprint of the average American is still twice a Chinese’s (and let’s not talk about India when their own carbon emissions are half of the US’s, making an Indian’s carbon footprint a whooping eighth of an American’s).
I feel like one would also need to add the distinction of class on this too. Because while the “average American” pollutes far more than the average Chinese or Indian, not all Americans pollute equally and much of the pollution comes from corporate executive types. It’s the rich Americans really holding the gas pedal down to roll coal over America.
Of course also if the US had a robust public transportation system to take cars off the road into far more efficient train and tram options that would help enormously and also help kill highway congestion for those who would have to drive still. But at our current condition we have to fight just to put the first brick down in a whole new public transit option and the people who plan this sort of thing are never members of the class who would use it.

Because while the “average American” pollutes far more than the average Chinese or Indian

Again, citation is needed.

@Background Pony #C911  
@Background Pony #39BF
multiple people
(and given how the content of your “replies” never amounts to anything other than “you’re wrong” or “you’re dumb”, the spam and wasted space is even more annoying)

Art thy holiness now royally satisfied with thine fulfillment of thy divine bidding? 😒
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@doloresbridge

The “alt-lite shitheels” that I’m referring to are the likes of the Mike Cernovichs, Clair Lehmans, Andy Ngos, Ian Miles Chungus’, Lobsterman Petersons, and Stefan “defoo the Jew” Molymemes of the ‘intellectual’ world. People who think that because they encountered one Marxist professor while at university, that academia and especially the social sciences is dominated by Marxists or their “cultural” equivalent; and as such, have a huge impact on the culture thanks to their nefarious brainwashing of students.

They fail to realise that like with Hollywood, the people at the top (thus those who hold the real power: the purse strings) are very conservative, and are more concerned with the financial side than anything else. They don’t understand that the left-wing people they think are infesting universities wouldn’t get tenure if they stated what alt-lite people think they state.
Background Pony #39BF
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
That does not change for a damn second the fact that your post, there, is both unhinged and delusional in its own right, or that it’s the most unhinged and delusional take I have seen you pull out of your ass that either I can remember, or has not already been deleted by the mods.

Deny it all you want, kid. It’s still not gonna change shit about the reality of it.
Background Pony #39BF
@Ebalosus  
>”alt-lite”

Use actual words that were not solely created for the purpose of being an ad-hominem to describe something that you want to be taken seriously next time, for fuck’s sake.
Background Pony #AC9A
@vit  
>”That privilege is reserved for people who act in good faith.”

Who the hell are you to decide as to who’s “acting in good faith”, or not?
Background Pony #C911
@Background Pony #AC9A  
Sarcasm?

Your inability to reply to multiple people in one post is sarcastic? Or are you doing it intentionally to be annoying and think that’s clever?

And what the fuck does “pearl clutching” have to do with… absolutely anything? Are you some sort of Markov bot trained on a Markov bot trained on a Markov bot trained on /pol/?
Background Pony #39BF
@Background Pony #C911  
By “pearl-clutching”, I mean getting all up-in-arms over insignificant and irrelavent shit that is none of your concern, which is exactly what you’ve been doing, here. Don’t play dumb with me, bud.
Background Pony #39BF
No, ‘whites’ would not be hated if they behaved like conquerors of other races.
Also equality is impossible.

…Okay, I usually agree with your takes, but this is just absolute bullshit right here, man.
Background Pony #70D6
@Background Pony #70D6
Wecht’s concurrence is a thing of beauty. It goes into more detail on the merits of the case, that even if they weren’t barred by laches they wouldn’t stand a chance.
I love it. Especially the bit where he points out that not only have they failed to prove a single instance of fraud, they actually specifically denied any even occurred.  
Petitioners cannot carry their enormous burden. They have failed to allege that even a single mail-in ballot was fraudulently cast or counted. Notably, these Petitioners sought to intervene in a federal lawsuit in which the campaign of President Donald J. Trump—an ostensible beneficiary of Petitioners’ efforts to disenfranchise more than one-third of the Commonwealth’s electorate—explicitly disclaimed any allegation of fraud in the conduct of Pennsylvania’s General Election.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide