Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
In Paris, the cops are beating up a woman just because she didn’t have a vaccine passport.

Isn’t that counterproductive to stopping Covid, because that will lead to more support for anti-vaxxers, and further spread of the virus? Shame on the French government!
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
There was an anti-pass protest yesterday and a group of protesters broke away from the main march and tried to invade a nearby mall, forcing the anti-riot police to chase after them. In other words, covidiocy meets police brutality (beside that incident, the rest of the protest remained mostly peaceful).

Also be careful which sources you link, that last tweet in the thread about the Zionist ties of the founder of the group owning the mall was completely irrelevant (insofar as the obligation imposed to malls to check customers for vaccine passports came from the government and has been challenged in courts by store owners in several local jurisdictions besides).
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Some news from China
They think that the male youths are not “manly” enough so they are trying their best to remove any non-masculine males from TV to promote their own brand of toxic masculinity.
@Background Pony #1F81
If China bans this nibba then I think I can live with it.
full
@Background Pony #1F81
And yet not a single mainstream company will boycott them due to financial reasons.
@Penguin Dragneel
Yep, big powerful governments are a bitch.
We’ve already knew that.

China also banned Gamers too.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
China also banned Gamers too.

As much as I hate defending Xi: that’s not true. They only restricted the game time of minors to three hours a week. If you’re an adult you’re still free game as much as you want.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ereiam  
Is it necessary to jump the woman? Not making moral judgement Just wondering if it’s excessive. Pretty sure a single riot squad dude is enough to wrestle her to the ground, considering:  
  1. He would have at least 10kg on her  
  2. He’s trained to take people down  
  3. He’s got a full protection gear.  
  4. He’s armed with a blunt weapon.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
A world where we don’t have corporations that suck off China would be a lovely one.

Yeah good luck with that. They represent the largest consumer market to ever exist. No one’s going to let that go. Especially if it means their market rivals will make the move and convince the Party to let them in.

And given the scale of the Chinese market, consumer sales to China will never satisfy consumer demand on their own. Chinese production for the China market will always find a home to build up its productivity to then relaunch against foreign competitors once they’ve matured enough on their own.

So I’m sorry, unless you submit to proletarianization and join in the struggle against capitalism, or simply follow along you’re going to get companies kowtowing to China as a matter of economic course until a, and I hate to say it because it’s so obvious: communism.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
full  
Why the fuck do people still defend the Economist?

Look at this article and tell me that it’s not a Sociopathic Neocon magazine
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
full
Why the fuck do people still defend the Economist?
Look at this article and tell me that it’s not a Sociopathic Neocon magazine

Are you just finding this out?
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
The shopping centre requiring a vaccine passport is part of the “Westfield group”. Westfield was Founded by Israeli-Australian Billionaire Frank Lowy. In the 1940s He was a member of the Zionist terror group Hagana. He also founded the Lowy institute.

It’s really telling that they felt the need to include this little aside.
Background Pony #27FA
@Background Pony #4613  
I had read it before, I just didn’t know if the other poster had done so before commenting. That section of The Economist isn’t the news section, it’s just sort of musings or long form thoughts. Like a blog for the site. That particular post has some good points and some bad. The little blurb right there is a minor piece of his point and is probably used just as clickbait, the overall point that society, at least in the US and in Britain I suppose, has become more casual in everything and in many cases just plain rude. When you ride the train here people will sit by you and loudly talk on their phone, toss garbage, etc. People will stretch out in chairs in public while wearing their pajamas and just not give a shit about the mess or inconvenience they may be. I talked to a friend of mine in Ireland who was surprised by how polite the respectful people were in Germany while on public transport.

The beard and tattoo thing is a bad example as 1. with beards the idea that the person with one is not keen on proper hygiene may apply with a person sporting an unkempt beard, but many people put just as much time in caring for it as they would shaving. 2. Tattoos are treated as artistic and expressive, you can, and many do, have tattoos and remain clean and professional when it matters.

Claiming this argument means The Economist is a “Sociopathic Neocon magazine” and this article is evidence of that is a bit silly and hyperbolic.
Vortaxonus

@AaronMk  
though to be fair, the banning of effeminate men doesn’t exactly make corporations exactly treat such a thing seriously, or at least as much. I also believe kids/teens are a fairly large market for the video games things so i can imagine that industry would also err against this as well.  
In fact, this isn’t just my thought. They is already a case where china is erasing a billionaire actress. They even are cracking down on private enterprise as well, with china having some notable backlash from it.
Background Pony #4613
@Background Pony #27FA  
The writer has an extremely fantastical idea of how society “used to be”, most likely based only on the life of the rich socialites (ie. the people worth writing for and about) and completely ignoring the working masses. I’m sure he’d be appalled to read how urban life really was like, and the level of “politeness” and “decorum”, among 95% of a British or American city’s population 50, 75, 100,… years ago.

Basically, he comes off as the sort that’d quote Harry Potter at you in a serious debate, or the 1800s version of it.
Background Pony #27FA
@Background Pony #4613  
His argument seems to be that people used to be uncivilized dicks, no politeness or decorum, then things started to trend better with the hope that it would improve greatly, only for it to not happen and people have reverted back real hard. I agree that people are impolite here and it is a problem, but if people reverted in the last couple decades it would be only slightly.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
though to be fair, the banning of effeminate men doesn’t exactly make corporations exactly treat such a thing seriously, or at least as much. I also believe kids/teens are a fairly large market for the video games things so i can imagine that industry would also err against this as well.
In fact, this isn’t just my thought. They is already a case where china is erasing a billionaire actress. They even are cracking down on private enterprise as well, with china having some notable backlash from it.

The very funny thing about this is that you’re proposing a relatively small part of the culture industry is at all important, even in western terms. Final Fantasy pretty boys are not that big of a cultural facet. And when it comes to western media already aimed for the China market is already carefully crafted for it.
Background Pony #4613
@Background Pony #27FA  
I’d be very interested in knowing where his data on “thing were better and improving” comes from, and if it’s not just him suddenly experiencing real life for himself and being shocked everyone’s not as chipper and polite as those fine 1950s sitcoms.
Background Pony #27FA
@Background Pony #4613  
He’s going farther back then 1950, he was making references to 17th century attitudes. As in “Oh people we’re awful in 1682, then over time people improved, but now we’re sliding right back”. Such over the top claims loses his point.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
This image is a joke but I wonder how long it’ll be before we have the average corporation dipping their toes in weapons manufacturing:

full
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@CaptainXtra

First:  

Its proper name is the Ingram M10/M11.

Second: I consider it unlikely within the current climate or the near future. Additive manufacturing will be doing the lion’s share of it for the personal market until either the government ante’s up on gun-control, or we go really deep into the cyberpunk dystopia that we find ourselves within.
Background Pony #4613
@Ebalosus  
Nah, all you need is the corp in question to “split up”. It wouldn’t be Google building automated bomb drones, it’d be “Immediate Solutions”, funded and owned by… Alphabet Corp.

And that’s besides corps like Microsoft having their tech used for things like targeting systems or on-field geomapping and comms; not a weapon in itself, but sure makes their use easier.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide