DNS server issues

The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
OK, everything should be functionally back to normal now. The DNS machine also managed load balancing, so that dying is the reason slowdowns and an earlier desync (apparent loss of stuff, now back).

The machine itself is still down, apparently for other reasons now (yay…) so slowness and random double posts will still be a thing.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Is there a difference between the .ru and .org domain? Because I log in with the .ru DNS. And it sounded like the .org domain worked better, or was this just in this one case today/yesterday?
Background Pony #71FF
Some guy on Ponychan joked about Hasbro C & D Derpibooru and it resulted in panic.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
DNS issues should be resolved now. HOWEVER, there’s still significant slowdown due to how that machine’s failure impacted the main machines. In addition, the host for our primary servers is playing around with their network links, dropping an abnormally high load on the datacenter we’re in, which is messing with things even further.

Fun times.
Background Pony #09B1
Raishan: I get “Unable to connect” on .ru and .org. If I go to the ip I can connect, but when I click Login I get a 404. That sort of kills anything other that “safe” graphics …
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
Everything should be okay at this point.

If you are experiencing issues, please shout.

There will be a detailed what-went-wrong post on the news blog in the next few days.
Background Pony #F2E0
I’m still seeing a desync. Do we just have to wait for the image listings to magically restore the “missing” images? I know they’re still hosted and extant on the server, comments and all, but with nothing linking to them they may as well be lost.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide