New Lunar Republic

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@belmontzar
Well in my fanon, the magic Starless uses isn’t the same kind of magic that unicorns use, but a kind of dark, forbidden magic that he and some of his friends on the other side learned. His magic is stronger than the average unicorn but weaker than Starlight and all of the alicorns.
I could have just made Starless a unicorn and let him use normal magic, but that’s not the kind of pony he is. He’s the kind of pony whose born weak but will find some way to use magic, will take any opportunity he gets to do whatever, and has no problem resorting to cheating to win. He’s not the kind of person I want to be, but rather the worst of me. I might write a real fanfiction at some point if I ever feel like it, one to replace the old one I wrote months ago with no actual effort put into it. I haven’t completely decided what to do with my OC.
And a new page.
belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Could make it an interesting variant on Ki style magic. A dark forbidden power that draws and uses the life energy of beings for offensive purposes. It would be an interest anti thesis of the harmony and magic within concept having a character who smacks a person with the life energy of another person.
Bonus points if the people are related/bound in some way causing the spell to be even more dangerous.
Like sure its bad when some random guy on the street is drained and used to blast you… but imagine the horror of seeing a good friend get grabbed… painfully life extracted… and then having the life energy of your friend get weaponized against you.
belmontzar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Starless
not really.. I mean Tirek stole magic from folks, but he didn’t steal their LIFE FORCE to power his spells. There is a difference between them. Im talking about draining a persons’s LIFE energy not their magic… its very different.@Toastypk
AWW THATS SO ADORABLE ^^ YAY!
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
April Fools is only a few days away. I hope for a normal April Fools joke site redesign but if we get another week long event to see who can spam the most shit like last year, I won’t be participating.
@belmontzar
I’ll think about that (or maybe not, I don’t even know). I’m not motivated to draw anything now (although I was when I came back a few days ago).
Toastypk
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Starless
You know it’s worth mentioning that after the event, they posted about how they looked at what they could have done better or not, like having it be opt-in, almost as if they were contemplating something similar in the future. Maybe.
Jb33124
Starlight Glimmer - For supporting the site
Starlight Glimmer - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Gaining Confidence
I love it when I see something like this happen! just a group of people coming together over a common goal and finding Friendship along the way!
It’s almost like Friendship… is Magic?
Nah that doesn’t sound right…
belmontzar

hoi count Derpy ^^
Out of curiosity.. anyone have fun origin stories for their user names?
Mine is kinda simple.. im a fan of Castlevania So I used the familly name Belmont and.. just added my initials at the end.
Other places you might find me under the name Flutterbat42… im sure you all know who Flutterbat is.. and a few of you probably also know the importance of 42… the answer to “the ultimate question of Life, the universe, and everything.”
Acid Flask
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Chemical Enginer
Just a science pony trying to make other’s life easier. Lie he’s created a collar for his bent horn to help him do magic. Or the fact he created wings for his brother who could fly as a pegisus.
Twiny Dust
Artist -
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

NLR's Bodyguard
@belmontzar
Twiny = Tiny Twi which is a nickname for the Twilight from one of the first fimfics I read Celestia’s Tiny Student and it’s one of the things that convinced me to finally start watching the show among other stuff lol.
And Dust is of course my OC and a shortened version of my real name.
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
Toastypk, Toasty is the name I gave to my Typhlosion in Pokemon Silver many years ago, and use still today for Typhlosions I get.
PK is short for Parakarry, a major favorite Paper Mario character of mine, and the username I chose for the Mario Fangaming board I’ve been a part of.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Hey, Lightpoint here again.
Well friends, in a few days time, it’s going to be the one year anniversary of the start of the big week long battle between the followers of Princesses Celestia and Luna.
I’ve been done a fair amount of thinking about this all. Specifically, the big question I don’t know the answer to is, how did this all get started?
There would have had to be some sort of unrest with the Luna followers, but that seemed to come out of nowhere, at least from where I was standing as Celestia’s advisor before becoming the best choice to work for her majesty’s victory.
Call it advisor intuition, but the one idea that seems the most plausible to me is that… someone or something was instigating this on purpose. Somepony who wanted to see the two sisters in combat, to see Canterlot in turmoil.
But that’s the big 25,000 bit question, isn’t it…
WHO was it?
Am I ever going to know?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Toastypk
I didn’t choose to be a Lunar Guardian. That role, like so many roles I’ve played in my life, was chosen for me.
And I rose to that call, unquestioningly.
It didn’t fit at first. It seemed to be a conflict in search of a meaning. But as I joined in with those on the front lines I learned that I could upload more images in a single hour than I had in a year. And I remembered that I could draw. And I could help others do the same.
But as I grew to that role, and as that role became an integral part of who I am, I found myself becoming something more like the me that I wanted to be. As if this was who I always was meant to be.
I found companionship and even friendship with my fellow Lunar Guardians, and learned to appreciate and .. yes .. even respect those on the other side. But above all it became clear to me that this was less of an accident, and perhaps more of a destiny. A destiny that I did not choose, but by accepting was able to grow and to find myself more happy, more enthusiastic, and more confident.
And, at the end of the day, when all was done and the trials of the day were behind us, I was proud to stand tall, and be counted, as one of those who stood on the side of …
Well, the side of us.
Long may we wave!
medium
So, to whomever was responsible, I say; Thank you. Please feel free to do it again.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Call it advisor intuition, but the one idea that seems the most plausible to me is that… someone or something was instigating this on purpose. Somepony who wanted to see the two sisters in combat, to see Canterlot in turmoil.
Yeah some pony just wanted to watch Equestria burn, or be plunged into an eternal darkness.
If another war happens I, Starless, might just go rogue, retrieve some powerful artifact like Grogar’s bell or a rainbow of darkness, and attempt to overthrow both Celestia and Luna then do something that’ll get both sides to put their war aside and work together to stop me. The war will be over, Equestria will be at peace, and I’ll be dead or turned to stone with no pony ever giving a fuck about me. World peace + death or eternal suffering for me sounds good for Equestria.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide