MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

That was… an interesting episode… I guess
But that Sparky scene near the end, I kinda want the same thing to happen to Jazz since she deserves it more than Misty did
Posted Report
Background Pony #51DB
After today’s episode, I NEVER want to hear anyone complain about Spike again.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
So the next time I have indigestion, I’ll just throw food into a blender and drink the slop up? How about just eat some burnt toast instead? Also, I would hate to have my dignity flushed down the toilet if Sparky did that to me.
Episode was alright, I didn’t like the ending but I did like how throughout, Hitch was really concerned for Sparky despite not knowing anything about dragon biology.
Posted Report
Background Pony #51DB
I just said Sparky was worse than Svengallop on /mlp/.
At least Svengallop was only in one episode.
Posted Report
Background Pony #51DB
I can think of 2 ways Sparky is worse:
  1. At least Svengallop was only in one episode, and was ultimately a throwaway character. Sparky is arguably just as important as the Mane Five because of his magical dragonfire, and its connection with Opaline gaining power.
  2. Svengallop is a character who’s SUPPOSED to be hated, and he fills that role very well. You’re supposed to think Sparky is cute.
Posted Report
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
The only gripe with sparky is that his magic breaks the canon most egregiously. Yes you can argue his powers are within the established lore I personally find it borderline absurd.
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@harasha456
I found it interesting that sparky is basically a reality warper, it could provide interesting story lore potential once it’s explained. It just sucks that right now he’s regulated to potty humor.
@northern haste
Yeah I wanna see more of this sparky that is kinda cute:

Although I know plenty think his design looks weird in mym
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
There are a few things that makes me want to boot up Minecraft, find the nearest cliff, and walk off it. Waiting 2 whole weeks for just 5 minutes of pony, and instead getting Sparky fart jokes is one of them.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I like Dragon Dad Hitch. I think him becoming a dad is a great direction for his character; it forces him to mature, and lets us see a completely different side of him. I also like that it gives him a personal connection to a major plot element.
I like the little interactions between Sparky and The Mane Five. I just wish it didn’t end with a fart joke.
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Dustcan
It honestly gotta be my least favorite episode of TYT thus far.
  1. Sparky episode
  2. Hitch’s whole character is “Obsessive Dragon Dad”
  3. Montage of the Mane 5 trying and failing to solve an issue using their one ascribed personality trait for the 10th time
  4. Misty and Opaline are Team Rocket
  5. Fart
And speaking of the montage, I never got the impression smoothies were a relevant part of her character watching the movie, but its like, all she does in these shows.
I want to like you TYT, stop making it so hard
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
I just watched the new episode. Firstly, overfeeding a sick baby is not the right way to cure its sickness. Trust me, I’ve tried this on myself many, many, many, many times (it’s a wonder I’m still alive)! Secondly… Does Maretime Bay have some kind of medical assistance or something?
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Wow, that TYT episode was totally worth the wait, amirite guys?
Honestly, fart jokes don’t really bother me (and I saw one coming from a mile away once I saw those 100+ dislikes, lmao). I’m just…bemused by how that was the only payoff of Misty and Opaline’s appearance. The rest of the episode is also very formulaic, each of the Mane 5 tries something that doesn’t work, the real solution ties back to something “hinted” throughout the episode, nothing remarkable happens.
Shoot…first all these MYM delays and now we have two weeks of nothing to compensate for the weakest Misty/Opaline episode of TYT…we are in a rut.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0DB5
Misty became the new Spike buttmonkey character. Sparky just tries to outdo Flurry Heart
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
And speaking of the montage, I never got the impression smoothies were a relevant part of her character watching the movie, but its like, all she does in these shows.
Shoot, in the movie she was the delivery girl. Someone else was manning the stand.
For some reason she’s the only worker/owner of the stand in MYM and TYT.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide