MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
There’s a saying that goes, “There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.”. Don’t misinterpret that as me accusing you of lying or touting that as a legitimate statistic, it’s tongue-in-cheek, but our fandom was shrinking long before G5 came out with a giant chunk of the fandom having moved on to other things even before FiM ended. This assessment comes off to me as conflating 10% of the fandom now with 10% of the fandom back in the day. TYT’s views have also not gone down, they have gone up. In late 2022, episodes often struggled to hit 100K views on the MLP Official Channel when they were new and being uploaded there first, and every episode of Season 2 so far has already surpassed 100K views easily with the TYT Season 2 premiere being the most viewed episode on the TYT Official Channel since As the Misty Clears premiered over ten months ago.
river mines

I don’t want to believe this, if they had completely given up they would have canceled completely.
but it seems like Hasbro isn’t worrying about what happens with the G5 in the short term, I think Hasbro is basically on “autopilot” with g5
Background Pony #28E4
@river mines
I really feel like they will be done with G5 in 2025 when the Discovery Family contract with Hasbro is up and then I feel like they want to start a G4 reboot afterwards
river mines

g5 was literally supposed to be a reboot of the g4, if the copyright stuff is real it’s possibly the only reason it didn’t become, I’m sure this will happen at some point even if it’s not in g6 specifically, the reboots are the big trend in the animation industry.
and any controversy involving a generation being a reboot of g4 would possibly be much less intense compared to the things that g5 did as a continuation of g4
river mines

@TheQuietMan
No, because different generations use very different character versions and settings.
In the case of the original g5 plans, it seemed like it would be a reboot since they would use the same protagonists with some changes
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
My hunch says it was Addy Lovestar, but I don’t really care who made the review, as I believe I’ve already said. What I care about is people actually standing up and saying something for a change.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide